Junior gent, or junior gent II?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I am wanting to try some of craft supplies pens, and I wanted to start with the gentlemans pen, or something thereabouts. I didn't realize how much some of there pen kits cost!! So, I will start with something smaller, like a junior gent. BUT, I see they have a junior gent II. Are there any opinions about these, and which one is more preferred? They use different bushings, so I'm going to set up for one, and leave it at that for now.
Thanks,
Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodnknots

Thanks for the replies, I just placed an order for a few of the barons with bill. I was right at the checkout screen with the gents, and I decided to give one more look to the forum, and sure enough I read all the problems with threads. I closed that window out and went to bill's site, instead. Thanks again, hopefully they'll fix those threads, cause it's a nice looking kit for sure.

JimGo

If you are feeling a little adventurous, and if you have a reason to make a REALLY beautiful kit, try the Jr. Statesman II. The threads aren't TOO bad, especially if the recipient is careful. It is not a posting cap, so the threads on the back-end of the pen aren't a problem, either. But BOY does it make a nice pen! That's not to knock the Baron - I like that kit too! But the Jr. Statesman II's are really a nice step up. JMHO

Dario

From what I've read...it is the top post that is having problem with threading. Since I buy the Jr Statesman/Gentleman with tapered cap, I haven't encountered any threading problems to date.

I am with Jim on this one...Baron is very nice but for me personally, it is not as nice as the Jr Gentleman (I or II).

In actuality, I might never buy a Baron again (unless I get an order [;)]) because the writing part, though same diameter as that on the Jr Gent feels very skinny/slim due to the hexagonal facet of it.

Again, not blowing Baron...if not for that skinny writing part, it could easily be among my top 5 favorite kits. That is why my daily carry pen is a Baron...but after my experiment (finish abuse test LOL) it will probably be replaced.

Rudy Vey

The threading problems are not limited to the posting of the cap on the back of the main body, but also at the nib end. The cap does not get tight screwed on, but can be continuously twirled around that thread. As a matter of fact this happened again to me after all my bad kits (8 out of ten) got replaced and one of the replacements had the same problem again (and it came undone while clipped to my right pocket in a new pair of slacks, my wife is still pissed about the stain of black ink that cannot be removed from the pants).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom