Jump Rope For Heart - Daily Updates

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
As most of you know I have a 7 yr old daughter that I am very proud of. She has decided to become involved in a program at her school called Jump Rope For Heart (http://tinyurl.com/7rtsc)
The program is run by the American Heart Association. It is set up to help children learn about heart health and to help them do something to help the AHA as well.

I realize that we are all asked to donate to something every day, but my daughter feels that this is important and asked if I could ask my pen buddies for help...
Donations of any size are appreciated.... you many donate by paypal via my paypal account (https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=tom@myfavoritepen.com) or through the AHA website Jump Rope For Heart (http://tinyurl.com/7rtsc)The only problem with the AHA site is that it will only accept donations of $25 or more... and we do not expect you do donate that much... There is a corporate matching gifts program listed on the website also .. If you make a donation via paypal, please make sure I have your complete name and address and email address.

My daughter wishes to thank you for reading this thread even if you do not donate... She has until March 1, 2006 to try to reach her goal.. I will post a total of her donations each evening.
11Feb06 = $441.00
Thanks everyone she is getting closer to her $1000 goal...

Jeff, if you do not feel that this is appropriate, please remove it. There will be no hard feelings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Tom,
I want to make sure that I get this right. The page that I went to looks to be a personal page for your daughters fund raising efforts. Is this right? If so then this is where I want to donate so that we can watch that thermometer get higher and higher![:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Ron, unfortunatley the AHA home page site for my daughter will only allow donations of $25 or more... I did not know that when it was set up... There is one donation listed there from a friend.
Therefore I have also added my paypal link for normal size donations...I will of course be absorbing the paypal fees and she will get the total donation.
I will post a running total of her donations on a daily basis each evening...
As of right now, including donations she has received locally she is up to
$173 and she only started yesterday morning.

Ron Mc

Tom,
It is OK if I want to donate on her AHA page? She'll still get credit for it?

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
She get credit either through my paypal or on the link to her donation are on AHA...
At the end of the month, I print out the donations from her link and give them to the school with the donations we get locally and through my paypal link...

Thanks a lot...

Ron Mc

Fantastic!!
I'm just trying to get that thermometer to go up some more. I've always enjoyed watching those things during donation periods.[:D][;)]

Ron Mc

Tom,
Be sure to let Mari know the thermometer moved a little!! A Texas YEE-HAW goes out to her and her efforts!

Dario

If anyone is willing to buy a Chef's special for $30.00. I am willing to donate the proceeds to this cause. Buyer sends money direct to Tom and I'll pay shipping.

I'll also post this at the individual classifieds.

rsk

Sold [8D]

Thanks for the outstanding offer!!

Tom - do you want PayPal, or will a direct donation to your daughter's AHA page save you a few %?

Originally posted by Dario
<br />If anyone is willing to buy a Chef's special for $30.00. I am willing to donate the proceeds to this cause. Buyer sends money direct to Tom and I'll pay shipping.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Make the donation directly to the AHA site.. that way I don't have to pay the paypal charges and Ron gets to see the donation thermometer rise...
Again thank you and Dario very much... my daughter will be thrilled...

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />As most of you know I have a 7 yr old daughter that I am very proud of. She has decided to become involved in a program at her school called Jump Rope For Heart (http://tinyurl.com/7rtsc)
The program is run by the American Heart Association. It is set up to help children learn about heart health and to help them do something to help the AHA as well.

I realize that we are all asked to donate to something every day, but my daughter feels that this is important and asked if I could ask my pen buddies for help...
Donations of any size are appreciated.... you many donate by paypal via my paypal account (https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=tom%40myfavoritepen.com) or through the AHA website Jump Rope For Heart (http://tinyurl.com/7rtsc)The only problem with the AHA site is that it will only accept donations of $25 or more... and we do not expect you do donate that much... There is a corporate matching gifts program listed on the website also .. If you make a donation via paypal, please make sure I have your complete name and address and email address.

My daughter wishes to thank you for reading this thread even if you do not donate... She has until March 1, 2006 to try to reach her goal.. I will post a total of her donations each evening.
<b>9Feb06 = $343.00</b>

Jeff, if you do not feel that this is appropriate, please remove it. There will be no hard feelings.

rsk

A nice package was waiting for me when I got home yesterday[8D]

Beautiful wood - must have been at least 6 or 8 types in there that I've never tried - looking forward them.

Thanks again -- I'll enjoy the wood that much more, knowing it was for a good cause.

Thought this thread needed a bump as well [;)]

Originally posted by Dario
<br />If anyone is willing to buy a Chef's special for $30.00. I am willing to donate the proceeds to this cause. Buyer sends money direct to Tom and I'll pay shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom