Jr. Stateman V2 issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

I have had a number of Pen Kits sitting around for a number of years and am now cleaning up my inventory. I decided to turn two CSUSA Jr. Statesman V2 Rollerball kits. They were manufactured by Dayacom and I do not recall where I bought them from so long ago, so NOT calling any supplier out.

Anyway, on one of the kits, the lower tube of that kit is too big. I drilled my blanks out per the instructions from CSUSA and when I went to glue them up, SURPRISE!!! No go... I took the lower tube from the other kit, and it fit fine. It was the correct length, but too big in diameter. I contacted CSUSA and since that kit has been discontinued, they didn't have much to say. Dawn at Exotic Blanks said I could buy a replacement Tube kit from them. Next order will include it.

The other Kit I turned, see my thread in Show off your Pens. It was Orangish Acrylester. Anyway, the Nib Coupler is slightly smaller diameter than needed and when the ink is added and the pen screwed together, the nib pops off of the pen. Ugh!! I tried the Nib Coupler from the other kit above and it will fit just fine. So back into the shop and a little Medium CA glue fixed the issue.

Check your kits when you get them so there is a chance of returning them for a good one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have had a number of Pen Kits sitting around for a number of years and am now cleaning up my inventory. I decided to turn two CSUSA Jr. Statesman V2 Rollerball kits. They were manufactured by Dayacom and I do not recall where I bought them from so long ago, so NOT calling any supplier out.

Anyway, on one of the kits, the lower tube of that kit is too big. I drilled my blanks out per the instructions from CSUSA and when I went to glue them up, SURPRISE!!! No go... I took the lower tube from the other kit, and it fit fine. It was the correct length, but too big in diameter. I contacted CSUSA and since that kit has been discontinued, they didn't have much to say. Dawn at Exotic Blanks said I could buy a replacement Tube kit from them. Next order will include it.

The other Kit I turned, see my thread in Show off your Pens. It was Orangish Acrylester. Anyway, the Nib Coupler is slightly smaller diameter than needed and when the ink is added and the pen screwed together, the nib pops off of the pen. Ugh!! I tried the Nib Coupler from the other kit above and it will fit just fine. So back into the shop and a little Medium CA glue fixed the issue.

Check your kits when you get them so there is a chance of returning them for a good one.
That is one of those things that is impossible to do no matter how you slice it. Then you at the mercy of vendor or come here and see if there is a fix or someone has parts. My suggestion is before you work a kit make sure all parts are there and proper size to the best of your ability. Glad you worked things out. We as pen makers have to learn to adapt when needed. That is what makes this site a great resource.

byounghusband

Thanks John!! I kinda figured I could be batting with Full Count. And the hits keep coming...

On the 2nd pen I mentioned, The Orangish Acrylester Jr Stateman V2, the refill does not stay in a position to write. It pushes into the pen and barely sticks out. Possibly the lower barrel is too long.
The barrel is 2.0490" long. I have another Jr Statesman that was given to me years ago that is a Fountain Pen. Its barrel is 2.0945" long, so it is not a good comparison.
At this point I may just buy a Fountain nib for it and call it a day.

I know these kits were discontinued a few years ago, but does anyone out there have a Jr. Statesman V2 Rollerball kit they could either measure the lower tube for me?

rixstix

V2 Jr barrels CSU 050-2326

Body: 2.088" long x 0.400" OD
Cap: 1.893" long x 0.483" OD

Full size barrels
Body: 2.365" long x 0.452" OD
Cap: 2.048" long x 0.570" OD

RB & FP use identical tubes FWIW

byounghusband

V2 Jr barrels CSU 050-2326

Body: 2.088" long x 0.400" OD
Cap: 1.893" long x 0.483" OD

Full size barrels
Body: 2.365" long x 0.452" OD
Cap: 2.048" long x 0.570" OD

RB & FP use identical tubes FWIW
Thanks for the response!! No telling why my body tube is as short as it is. Maybe I got carried away with sanding the blank instead of using barrel trimmer tool. First time trying that. But WOW, that much?? o_O I'm gonna buy a couple fountain nibs and that should fix the issues.

Top Bottom