Wanted Jr. series end cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Jr Gent Series 1 tube lengths are 1.93" and 2.09"; bushing diams .536",.536",.480",.460"
Jr Gent Series 2 tube lengths are 1.89" and 2.09"; bushing diams .567",.567",.512",.480"

Some careful caliper measurements on the pen remains should pick up the differences.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Jr Gent Series 1 tube lengths are 1.93" and 2.09"; bushing diams .536",.536",.480",.460"
Jr Gent Series 2 tube lengths are 1.89" and 2.09"; bushing diams .567",.567",.512",.480"

Some careful caliper measurements on the pen remains should pick up the differences.

Thanks Mal. It looks like I have a Jr. Gent 2

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Make a closed end pen and you don't need that part.

Thanks Ed. The pen was made 4 years ago for my grandson. He somehow managed to lose the end cap and spring. I'm not interested in making another pen.

My suggestion (albeit completely unclear from what I said) was to make a closed end as a pen to add to inventory. Then take the unused parts to repair the pen that was damaged. When I made pens for shows, there was no such thing as "parts" available, we only could buy kits. So, we learned how to supply our own "spare parts" as needed.

HOWEVER!!! With a 4 year old pen, you could run into threading compatibility issues too. Even the finial threads could be different on some versions vs others.

There are so many "jr gent" versions, your odds of finding one that fits perfectly are not good.

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative--just a fact of life with that series.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you Ed. I understand your point, and I agree. It might be difficult to find the part this late in time. But not ready to give up yet. :biggrin:

Top Bottom