Jr. George Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Angela S

This was my first of the jr series. After fully pressing the end cap into the body, I cannot screw the cap on to post it. The threads do not reach each other. The cap still fits to cover the nib. If only one is going to work, I am glad it is that one. Has anyone had this issue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

Maybe the sections got mixed up, the 2 thread sections, the ones that press into each end of the bottom barrel have different thread lengths...the one with short threads goes on top for the nib, longer threads one on bottom to post cap.

Angela, if your question is referring to the feather pen you posted prior to this, you have the 2 threaded couplers mixed, if it matters to you if the cap can be posted you'll need to switch the couplers.
I was aware of this because I had already did this on my first George đź‘Ť..I just left it the way it was, the pen was for me so I didn't care about posting the cap.

Last edited:

DrD

This was my first of the jr series. After fully pressing the end cap into the body, I cannot screw the cap on to post it. The threads do not reach each other. The cap still fits to cover the nib. If only one is going to work, I am glad it is that one. Has anyone had this issue?
First let me say I have NEVER experienced what you describe, allthewhile understanding you have a situation. I do not fully understand what you mean by "pressing the end cap into the body." The end cap should screw onto the "end cap coupler" which has the smallest diameter of the 2 couplers in the kit. So, the end cap coupler is pressed into the end of the body tube (the longer of the 2 tubes in the kit) and the end into which it is pushed is the most narrow end.
Please do not mistake me I am NOT trying to talk down to you, nor lecture you, I am simply trying to understand what might be causing your issue.
If you unscrew the end cap from its coupler, and try to post the cap what happens? The external threads on the end cap are used to secure the end cap to the internal threads in the coupler. The end cap is really a thingy to hold the rollerball spring and is not involved with posting the cap to the end of the pen. When posting the cap, the internal threads of the center band assembly on the cap engage the larger, more coarse external threads on the end cap coupler. I hope I am expressing myself clearly enough without being confusing. So, if you cannot post the cap on a Jr. George, with the end cap removed, there is an issue.
If you could post some pictures it would be helpful. I am making a whole heap of assumptions based on how I have interpreted what you are saying.

Angela S

First let me say I have NEVER experienced what you describe, allthewhile understanding you have a situation. I do not fully understand what you mean by "pressing the end cap into the body." The end cap should screw onto the "end cap coupler" which has the smallest diameter of the 2 couplers in the kit. So, the end cap coupler is pressed into the end of the body tube (the longer of the 2 tubes in the kit) and the end into which it is pushed is the most narrow end.
Please do not mistake me I am NOT trying to talk down to you, nor lecture you, I am simply trying to understand what might be causing your issue.
If you unscrew the end cap from its coupler, and try to post the cap what happens? The external threads on the end cap are used to secure the end cap to the internal threads in the coupler. The end cap is really a thingy to hold the rollerball spring and is not involved with posting the cap to the end of the pen. When posting the cap, the internal threads of the center band assembly on the cap engage the larger, more coarse external threads on the end cap coupler. I hope I am expressing myself clearly enough without being confusing. So, if you cannot post the cap on a Jr. George, with the end cap removed, there is an issue.
If you could post some pictures it would be helpful. I am making a whole heap of assumptions based on how I have interpreted what you are saying.

Sorry for the confusion. The end cap cap came screwed into the coupler so my brain was treating them as one piece. Thanks for the help. I figured out the problem the plastic piece with the treads had somehow been pushed to far down the tube. I just screwed the cap on and pulled the treads down. It will now post!

Angela S

Maybe the sections got mixed up, the 2 thread sections, the ones that press into each end of the bottom barrel have different thread lengths...the one with short threads goes on top for the nib, longer threads one on bottom to post cap.

Angela, if your question is referring to the feather pen you posted prior to this, you have the 2 threaded couplers mixed, if it matters to you if the cap can be posted you'll need to switch the couplers.
I was aware of this because I had already did this on my first George đź‘Ť..I just left it the way it was, the pen was for me so I didn't care about posting the cap.

Thanks. It is the feather pen. The couplers came screwed into the end cap and the nib the way that they are. I figured out the issue. The plastic part in the cap that is threaded somehow got pushed down the cap. I just screwed the cap on and pulled the treads down. It will now post!

DrD

Sorry for the confusion. The end cap cap came screwed into the coupler so my brain was treating them as one piece. Thanks for the help. I figured out the problem the plastic piece with the treads had somehow been pushed to far down the tube. I just screwed the cap on and pulled the treads down. It will now post!
The center band and center band coupler - black piece - are sized tightly on my kits so I make sure the coupler is snug up against center band ring before insertion into cap barrel.

Top Bottom