JR Gent II hardware

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

I was given a box of JR Gent II kits and a few dozen prepared blanks, to engrave and assemble. The kits were already opened and mixed together, so I'd have to find all the pieces to make each pen. In the process, I found three different end sleeves (the opposite end of the ink writing end). And, I need a few more kits...

Can anyone enlighten me on where these various kits (pic) came from? The one on the left is the preferred hardware, with the fixed sleeve, but I don't know who sells which these days. [emoji53] The guy said he thinks he got some kits from PSI and Exotic.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

fffe66da788e07353ed22b56566bd40b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

here is the link, the kit allows you to chosee between postable or non-postable.

Also free shipping right now, over $50

Steve Busey

here is the link, the kit allows you to chosee between postable or non-postable.

Also free shipping right now, over $50
Thanks Rob, you're correct in my customer using the Artisan version, but any idea where the endcap on the left side of my picture came from? It's one solid piece, not sleeve-washer-cap

RobS

jr gent has had several iterations over the years, so we'd need a long time turner to jump in.

TonyL

Hi Steve. I am in Alpharetta. I may have some parts if needed. Just let me now. I will pm my phone number.

its_virgil

Thanks Rob, you're correct in my customer using the Artisan version, but any idea where the endcap on the left side of my picture came from? It's one solid piece,
The junior gent II is a Craft Supplies USA kit. The instructions should be on their website
Www.woodturnerscstalog.com

The part on the left is the end cap for the barrel if you want I cap to post.

You have two choices, to post or not to post the cap. Some parts will not be used.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:

Steve Busey

The part on the left is the end cap for the barrel if you want I cap to post.

Right, I've done dozens of these when I was making my own pens, but in the bag of parts I got from my customer, there were THREE different end cap pieces. By far, the superior one is the one on the left of my picture - it's all one solid piece, even the "washer" is part of the piece. So, I'm basically trying to determine if that kit WITH THE SOLID ENDCAP PIECE is available anywhere.

Thanks everyone, it's good to see the old familiar names still plugging along here! :)

PreacherJon

Right, I've done dozens of these when I was making my own pens, but in the bag of parts I got from my customer, there were THREE different end cap pieces. By far, the superior one is the one on the left of my picture - it's all one solid piece, even the "washer" is part of the piece. So, I'm basically trying to determine if that kit WITH THE SOLID ENDCAP PIECE is available anywhere.

Thanks everyone, it's good to see the old familiar names still plugging along here! :)
My memory is not great... but I think???? that one on the left is from at least 12 years ago... that is how they came. But, I'm an old timer that can't remember for sure. You might contact Craft Supply USA and ask them... Although, they may not have anyone old enough or someone can remember either. 🤔

Top Bottom