Jr Gent and Jr Gent II question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I believe that the Jr Gent was fatter than the Jr Gent II (12.5mm and 10.5mm). However, I think the popularity of the Jr Gent II surpassed the popularity of the JR Gent, and now the Jr Gent II is simply called the Jr Gent. I wouldn't bet my lathes on my answer (well maybe one LOL) - the early members members and retailers like Ed Brown of Exotics would know.

mick

I believe that the Jr Gent was fatter than the Jr Gent II (12.5mm and 10.5mm). However, I think the popularity of the Jr Gent II surpassed the popularity of the JR Gent, and now the Jr Gent II is simply called the Jr Gent. I wouldn't bet my lathes on my answer (well maybe one LOL) - the early members members and retailers like Ed Brown of Exotics would know.
IIRC the Jr Gent I had the same diameter bushing in both ends of the pen barrel. I've got one here somewhere. I'll find it and measure it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mick

Tony, I've got one if those tiny Jet pen lathes my wife foundat a yard sale. I'd bet it just to get it out of my shop. [emoji16]

TonyL

Tony, I've got one if those tiny Jet pen lathes my wife foundat a yard sale. I'd bet it just to get it out of my shop. [emoji16]

Enjoy!

To make you laugh:
I have a wall mount desk collector in a box since January.
A Byrnes Table Saw in a box, but at least, I opened it, (but still in the box and plastic) for 2 weeks
Only yesterday, did I play my Gibson Les Paul electric guitar that I purchased in 2013.

I will get there! :)

its_virgil

If I recall correctly the original jr gent had the same size tubes as the baron. The baron barrel is the same dia on both ends but the jr gent tapers a little. The jr gent vII uses larger tubes on both the cap and barrel.

I have a metal lathe still in its crate. I've had it 7 yrs and ....

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom