Jr. Emperor - Bianco Nero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgray

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgray

This is a recent commission. The customer wanted bianco nero trustone with the gold accents. Personally, I prefer the platinum accents with this material, but I won't argue with her.

She also wanted a calligraphy nib.

As a side note...when this request came in, I decided to buy a 10.5 mm bit for this kit, and use it from now on for my Jr. Gents, Jr. States, and Jr. Emps if it was a good fit. I'm sure that most of us read the thread regarding these kits not having the correct size bits. The 10.5mm bit is a perfect fit. I would recommend buying a 10.5mm bit for these kits and ignoring the bit recommended within the instructions.

All comments and critiques welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

I agree with you on the pen color, but the customer is always right.

One observation, it looks as if the finish is a bit soft. How did you finish it? Wet sand MM?

bgray

Wet sand 240-2000 silicon carbide, then MM 6000-12000, then plastics polish, then PPP wax.

It's definitely shiny, maybe my photography skills are not great...any finish thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Skye

Does the PPP wax do anything for you? PPP wax has polishing compounds in it. Hopefully it's not harming your prior steps.

It may just be the lighting.

Tanner

Awesome looking pen. I have not used PPP. I have Ren Wax and TSW. I have found that the TSW seems to finish off anything I'm working on the best. IMHO

bgray

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Does the PPP wax do anything for you? PPP wax has polishing compounds in it. Hopefully it's not harming your prior steps.

It may just be the lighting.

I use PPP mostly just for the way is makes the pen feel....real smooth. I don't really think that it accomplishes anything else. I didn't realize that there were polishing compounds within. This may explain the soft finish.

Better wax recommendation? Maybe Ren Wax, or TSW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom