Jewelers work bench

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I'm thinking about getting one for the shop/garage just for tinkering on Expensive but not too bad. Would be a mail order kit. Have any good recommendations? Something about 20"or less deep. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm thinking about getting one for the shop/garage just for tinkering on Expensive but not too bad. Would be a mail order kit. Have any good recommendations? Something about 20"or less deep. Thanks

How about making your own? I've looked at some of the plans on-line and it looks pretty simple. If you're looking for the butcher block style on the top, head to Lowes and buy their 3/4" oak flooring, cut off the bevels and glue it up. For the metal drawers, I'd look at any thrift store like Salvation Army or even your local Restore store. I've found some great deals at both and you'd be supporting a good cause. Just a thought.

dogcatcher

An old real solid wood desk is what I use. Mine came out of one of the local universities' dorms after they remodeled and bought new furniture. Still solid as a rock 30 years later. I have 2 of them, one is my bench for my lathe, the other is my "work desk" where I put the stuff together. I also used it for my fly tying, rod making, jewelry making, model making, design center, glue up station, reloading ammo, engraving desk and all of the other things I messed with.

WriteON

Reason I want a kit...prefer something shipped to house. As for a DIY I have my hands full for while. Not sure if I really need one but I like the set up.

dogcatcher

WriteON

I see this from $349+ to $474...... something like this would be ideal but curious about the quality. Could be pine... will be in hot/humid garage

Attachments

• Jewelers Desk.jpeg
    Jewelers Desk.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom