Jet Air Filtration Remote

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I never use the remote. It has been sitting for years in a hot garage. Tried it yesterday and it's not working. I'm sure the heat got to it. I cleaned the battery contacts... used new (tested) batteries but no go. Any suggestions aside from buying a new remote?
I can live with it but cannot ue the timer function... I can use an appliance timer but prefer the remote. Thanks. Frank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Since you've addressed the remote, is it possible the receiving part of the air filtration unit is the culprit?

I use the remote for my dual Wen units each time I go into the shop.

WriteON

Since you've addressed the remote, is it possible the receiving part of the air filtration unit is the culprit?

I use the remote for my dual Wen units each time I go into the shop.
Could be anything. Not sure how to trouble shoot. First would be replace remote.
The unit and remote sat unplugged in a hot Florida garage for 3 years. More things croak from not using them.

jttheclockman

Did you try is very close to the unit? If you have flourescent lighting it can have an ill effect on radio waves especially the older lights. Try turning your lights off and working the unit. Also make sure the filters are sitting in properly. I believe there is a safety that requires the filters to be in properly for unit to work.

Darios

If you have soldering skills, there is this option

jttheclockman

Not yet...have not considered that... Thank you...that'll be the next step👍. Will follow up.
Did you try my suggestion. Remotes are not going to go bad just sitting there. Unless you left batteries in them. I would play with buttons on the unit while you try the remote. If you can find a combination that works may wake it up.

WriteON

Did you try my suggestion. Remotes are not going to go bad just sitting there. Unless you left batteries in them. I would play with buttons on the unit while you try the remote. If you can find a combination that works may wake it up.
New batteries, cleaned contacts. No good. I'll fiddle ..not sure how to wake it up.

jttheclockman

New batteries, cleaned contacts. No good. I'll fiddle ..not sure how to wake it up.
As I said if you have flourescents or led lights shut them off and try the unit. Can play havoc with radio waves. Also use the remote as close to unit as possible. To wake a unit up you at times have to find a combination of pushing a button on the unit and then trying to control with controller. Do that with all buttons. if it was sitting it is possible it will wake it up. then call tech. Also make sure filter is in properly. I believe they have a safety on those units where it will not work if not. You can find that out if you manually try the unit. If it works that is a starting point.

Now if you say you dropped the remote than all bets are off and you probably broke it. Those remotes are too touchy for a work shop. Dust too can play a part as with all electrical components so may want to blow dust out.

randyrls

Two things. Is this an infrared remote (IR) or radio controlled (RC) remote?
Difference; Look for a lens on the end of the remote (IR). OR it may say radio or IR remote.
If IR, you can test the remote. Open your cell phone camera and point the remote at the camera. Press button and see if you see flashing on end of remote?

Second; Most all remotes have conductive pad type buttons. These degrade with time and heat, can get oil, and smutz on the contacts. See if you can take the remote apart.

It appears Rockler sells replacement remotes.

WriteON

These degrade with time and heat, can get oil, and smutz on the contacts. See if you can take the remote apart.

It appears Rockler sells replacement remotes.
If I had to bet... Heat is the enemy. I will use the process of elimination. First I'll replace the entire unit. If that doesn't work I'll buy a new remote. Excuse the humor ... too many fumes 😂

Top Bottom