Jet AFS-1000B Hung

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Yes, it was a pain to hang by myself. Tried a couple of different ideas from the web which didn't quite work for me. My 6th effort panned out using a combination of ratcheting straps and various lengths of chain. For all those who say they hung it easily by themselves they are either more man than me or a lot under 50. All old farts should wait for the second person.

As I set up this shop, I now have a 2HP dust collector with a Thien baffle (works great) than only needs the filter bag replaced with a cartridge filter for single machine collection at the source, the air filter pictured and my Trend Airshield pro. There should be no excuses for dust issues. On to the next shop upgrades.

Oh where art thou my wispy green cash that disappears like dust in my shop.
67081042-453F-467E-B462-23D9489D7D2C.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Yea... did that my myself at age 52. But I can't remember how I did it... o_O. I think I raised it on my shoulders and stuck 2x4's to prop it up on all 4 corners. Won't do that again; sounds painful.

KenB259

I did mine alone, but I used short links of chain so I could do one corner at a time. You'll love it.

Robert Taylor

At 68yrs old I hung mine by myself. I put two furring strips accross the rafters, put in the eye screws, set the unit on top of a step ladder, used two lenghts of chain and "s" hooks on opposite corners and raised the unit a couple of links at a time until I got it where I wanted which ended up with no chain. It hangs on four small "s" hooks pretty tight to the ceiling. Piece of cake for an old man.

MRDucks2

At 68yrs old I hung mine by myself. I put two furring strips accross the rafters, put in the eye screws, set the unit on top of a step ladder, used two lenghts of chain and "s" hooks on opposite corners and raised the unit a couple of links at a time until I got it where I wanted which ended up with no chain. It hangs on four small "s" hooks pretty tight to the ceiling. Piece of cake for an old man.
Sounds like yours worked well, Robert. Mine would not hang balanced diagonally across either set of corners, wanting to flip a corner up. It needed to be secure across 3 corners at a time which was cumbersome with limited reach to the furthest corners against the wall, especially as I approach the top of the 9' height.

Curly

One could make or buy a canoe/kayak lift and easily pull one of those to the ceiling and tie it off there. When you want to service it lower it back down. I have a couple holding Kayaks up out of the way in the garage. Example below.

MRDucks2

This is a good idea. Would also make changing the filter ladder free. The blower is not a balanced unit so that would need to be accounted for. It is heavier toward the front and to one corner, even though the eyelets for hanging are equally spaced.

Top Bottom