JeerCheer; J Brooks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Don't some of the vendors on this site just tick you off sometimes!!:mad:

I ordered a big bunch of blanks from Mr Brooks just a couple of weeks ago.
He said sure, he could do them but it could take a month or so as he was really busy. I said cool, cos I couldn't use them yet anyway.

So the postman just came stumbling up my driveway with a big box.
Don't you sleep Jonothan????

Not only does he have the cheek to send the stuff early, but he can't count either!!! I set out a space in my rack for the amount of blanks I ordered but there are still a fistfull left over that won't fit !!!!

But the real kicker that grates me is that every single one looks so good I can't decide which one to try first!!!

Aaargh !!!!!:mad:

Thanks Jonothan!!!:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Skiprat,

I know you have a problem storing the extra blanks that Jonathan sent and to show my belief in "hands across the sea" I will go out on a limb and offer to let you send me the extra blanks so that your shop will not be overcrowed. And to really show that I am a good bloke, I won't put a maximum on the amount you send!!

Ben

OldGrumpy

Don't know where he learned to cast because it is really great work, but I must believe that he learned to count from the U.S. government. Remember the old "Chicken in every pot" campaign slogan - well Jonathon believes in "Extra blanks in every box" and he doesn't put junk in there either! Way to go Brooks803!

D.Oliver

Don't know where he learned to cast because it is really great work, but I must believe that he learned to count from the U.S. government. Remember the old "Chicken in every pot" campaign slogan - well Jonathon believes in "Extra blanks in every box" and he doesn't put junk in there either! Way to go Brooks803!

As awesome as his blanks look, I fear he may have cut a deal with the devil:devil:.

Brooks803

Sorry Skip, I don't get much sleep! Im sure you'll manage to make a bit more space for the extras. Besides, you had to pay an arm & a leg for shipping and I had extra space in the box :biggrin:

Enjoy and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

A big thank you to all the others who commented! I appreciate it!

The Penguin

I got some box blanks from Brooks this week - cheer for him! they arrived quickly and are beautiful...he also included a freebie pen blank...can't wait to try them out.

now...jeer for USPS. Despite Jonathon's best packing efforts (foam wrapping each blank, and lots of shredded paper for additional padding)...somehow USPS managed to take a chip out of one of the box blanks. It's OK - I can work around it and make that end the bottom - but it really ticks me off...I've had nothing but problems from USPS for the last month or so!

IPD_Mrs

Jonathan is one of the good guys - that's for certain. Great to deal with and a fantastic casting artist!

Now skip - get to turning and no more complaining :wink: LOL. It's so good to see you back here with your usual great sense of humor! I love it.

Mrs. / Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom