JAN mEETING?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Berkley

I look at it once in a blue moon. to many sites to keep up with. if there was a way to have it forwarded to email when a message is posted would be good. already have 3 different emails to check

Bill Sampson

Phil,

The January meeting will conclude the reverse paint contest of Jonathon Brooks blanks. The judges will be those who complete one of these blanks on a Wall Street or Elegant Beauty pen. Thirteen of these blanks were given at our November meeting. The winner will receive a completed Triton pen with a custom reverse painted blank from Johathon.

Rick, from WoodCraft will demonstrate making a bullet pen as well as drilling, turning, and finishing an antler blank. (Rick is a former police officer and has personal knowledge of bullets.) I have one of his pens in my personal collection.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Bill Sampson

Richmond pen group/Jan 12, 2012

The meeting for the Richmond Pen Turning group January 12th. is set.

Rick from WoodCraft will be demonstrating completion of a bullet pen, as well as drilling and turning an antler blank for this pen.

We will complete the contest and judge the pens made from Jonathon Brooks blanks. Each one (13 blanks were given to members) is to be reversed painted and turned for a Wall Street or Elegant Beauty style kit. Winner will be judged by those who completed a pen and he/she will receive a hi-line pen turned from one of JB's special reverse painted blanks. (pen is now on display at WoodCraft in Richmond)

Tim Wise (Wiset1) will also be attending our meeting, and will answer questions about his scalloped and knife style pens.

Be prepared to discuss suggestions of the demo's you would like to see in our March meeting.

Looking forward to a great time on the 12t

Bill Sampson, Richmond

philipff

Great fun and great meeting with so much good info on all pen matters. The fact that I won the contest is a Big Bonus! Thanks for all the votes and a special thanks to Bill for the beautiful pen prize!~ phil

Top Bottom