It's been a while! + a few recent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rolandranch

Rolandranch

I haven't been very active around here since I went off to college in 2018 but I haven't stopped making pens! I have really enjoyed my time at school so far (2 more years to go) but now that the summer is here, I've switched over to penmaking to hopefully continue paying the school bills.

Here are a few recents:

Royal Jacaranda Spectraply is one of my favorite materials. I used a few kit components as I'm still figuring out how to thread stuff myself.

20200518_135325.jpg

20200518_132752.jpg

Some abalone vertex pens I cast. Another of my favorite materials.
roland-motherofpearl.jpg

20200511_162626.jpg

This was a little experiment with my brother's scrap leather and a copper sheet. I thought it looked pretty interesting.

20200604_182213.jpg20200604_182034.jpg1591382324272-647.jpg

Thanks for looking!

P.S. I hope the photo sizing looks right to everybody else. I'm still getting used to the "new" version of IAP (which seems quite nice).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well Seth, hope everything is going well with the school work. Glad you stayed in the pen making game and looks like you have not lost your touch. Have to ask are you cutting your own abalone material and if so with what to get precision and is it that flexible stuff with the sticky back or is this full hard core sheets?? Thanks for showing.

magpens

Very nice bunch of pens, Seth !!!

Good to "see" you again !!! . And "Welcome Back" after a too-long absence !!

its_virgil

Two down and two yrs to go. Congratulations. Welcome back and best wishes for your final two yrs of college.

Your pens look great and your casting is top shelf. Great work on all of the pens. I especially like the abalone pens and that first fountain pen at the top of your original post.

BTW, happy birthday a day late. Take care my friend.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Rolandranch

I
Two down and two yrs to go. Congratulations. Welcome back and best wishes for your final two yrs of college.

Your pens look great and your casting is top shelf. Great work on all of the pens. I especially like the abalone pens and that first fountain pen at the top of your original post.

BTW, happy birthday a day late. Take care my friend.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thank you Mr. Ward! Of course I learned from the best ;). As far as casting goes, I'm still benefiting a lot from all your help.

Top Bottom