It ain't a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dfurlano

seems like the only thing I have been working on lately are jigs. Here is my latest vacuum fence. Was able to cut the corian pieces flat within .002" and very consistent. (click pics to make larger)

This is an adaptation of vacuum fences I have seen from eagle and others on the web.

Thats tape that you see on the face to block the extra holes.

I like the use of the 1 1/4" J drain pipe for the vacuum hook up. I used epoxy to mount the pipe to the wood jig.

Easily mounts to the fence and I bought a small vacuum just for this setup.

Here is a pic with the tape off. I made the jig out of two pieces of 1 x 6 oak.

KenV

Nice -- several improvements and adaptations from the original by David Reed Smith (www.davidreedsmith.com). Yours is much better suited to small pieces of wood. I like the small holes with a good density for even holding.

Good Job!!!

esheffield

Very nice! Real "pro" looking jig. I just made one a couple of weeks ago myself. I'll try to post some pics soon. Kinda went off in a different direction than the David Reed Smith inspired designs, but I'm happy with it so far.

BTW, what kind of blade are you using? I'm using a 7 1/4 Diablo as recommended by Eagle. 40 tooth I think. Great blade, and really quiet! I was shocked how quietly it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom