IOS App Update - v1.17

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Version 1.17 of the Bushings & Tubes app for iOS is now ready for download from the Apple App Store.

The major new feature is this update is the ability to add your own personal notes for any kit.

The feature is fully described in the updated User's Guide, but it should be fairly intuitive. Some screenshots are attached.

No limits are imposed on the length of your notes & you can enter text by typing, pasting, scanning, or dictation. Your notes can contain any punctuation marks as well as line end & new line characters. Individual notes can be viewed, printed, shared, or exported to other apps. Your entire set of notes can be shared or exported as a CSV file.

Enjoy & please let me know if you have any questions, problems, or suggestions regarding the app.

Edgar

Attachments

• B3693531-FA79-49A7-AB94-DD6A2209864D.png
    B3693531-FA79-49A7-AB94-DD6A2209864D.png
    330 KB · Views: 38
  • 1FF5626E-9075-40B6-ADFE-C97CF1FB6788.png
    1FF5626E-9075-40B6-ADFE-C97CF1FB6788.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 60646C4B-2EDE-44AB-9098-3EF486562766.png
    60646C4B-2EDE-44AB-9098-3EF486562766.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 2CABC48F-CE2C-429E-9A44-BBF4CD2B1C64.png
    2CABC48F-CE2C-429E-9A44-BBF4CD2B1C64.png
    668.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 6D2FF616-8070-4599-A49A-52FDBCFC90DA.png
    6D2FF616-8070-4599-A49A-52FDBCFC90DA.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 26446047-F98D-4928-89A6-AD231607435B.png
    26446047-F98D-4928-89A6-AD231607435B.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 39
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Edgar, what is the date of the latest database., mine says 10/15/22. It always says the database is downloading and I always keep it open and on top, but it never says it completes and my phone gets very warm. FWIW, I have an iphone 14 pro.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edgar, what is the date of the latest database., mine says 10/15/22. It always says the database is downloading and I always keep it open and on top, but it never says it completes and my phone gets very warm. FWIW, I have an iphone 14 pro.
The latest is 7-15-23

If you haven't already, try going to Settings-> Display & Brightness and turn Auto Lock off. See if that allows it to complete the download.

KenB259

The latest is 7-15-23

If you haven't already, try going to Settings-> Display & Brightness and turn Auto Lock off. See if that allows it to complete the download.
That's how I had it set up. Before this phone, I had an iphone 12 and never had an issue. I even uninstalled it and redownloaded the app, but still I don't get the latest database. I know I have the latest version because I can add notes to the entries.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
It should work fine on your 14 Pro. The initial download will take at least 20-30 minutes with a good WiFi connection. If you have a weak WiFi connection or if you are using Celllularvdata, it can take an hour or more.

The phone does get a little warm during the initial download. The radios in NG the phone are real power hogs & they run constantly until the download finishes, so nothing to be concerned about there.

You can try closing the app and restarting it - it will start a dis load in about 20 seconds. It picks up from wherever it left off, so it doesn't start over from the beginning unless you delete & reinstall the app.

KenB259

It should work fine on your 14 Pro. The initial download will take at least 20-30 minutes with a good WiFi connection. If you have a weak WiFi connection or if you are using Celllularvdata, it can take an hour or more.

The phone does get a little warm during the initial download. The radios in NG the phone are real power hogs & they run constantly until the download finishes, so nothing to be concerned about there.

You can try closing the app and restarting it - it will start a dis load in about 20 seconds. It picks up from wherever it left off, so it doesn't start over from the beginning unless you delete & reinstall the app.
Thanks Edgar, I'll give it another shot later tonight. I appreciate all you put into that app. It is an awesome resource for sure.

BULLWINKLE

Have had difficulty updating the app in the past but always eventually managed to do it. Have not been able to since the update on February 5th. I have the app on my iPhone. Display lock was turned off. The App Store has never had the button change from open to update. Ive tried getting it to update with the app running ,and with it off. It sits for hours with no download occurring.
Am I doing something wrong or is it my phone ? Thanks

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Have had difficulty updating the app in the past but always eventually managed to do it. Have not been able to since the update on February 5th. I have the app on my iPhone. Display lock was turned off. The App Store has never had the button change from open to update. Ive tried getting it to update with the app running ,and with it off. It sits for hours with no download occurring.
Am I doing something wrong or is it my phone ? Thanks
Are you saying that you can't update the app itself or that it won't download database updates?

The app should work on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 12.0 or later. You don't have to turn off Auto Lock to download a new version from the App Store or for the app to download database updates. That's only helpful when the app is downloading a complete database when a new user installs the app or if you delete & reinstall the app.

What is the model of your device & which iOS version are you using?

BULLWINKLE

Are you saying that you can't update the app itself or that it won't download database updates?

The app should work on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 12.0 or later. You don't have to turn off Auto Lock to download a new version from the App Store or for the app to download database updates. That's only helpful when the app is downloading a complete database when a new user installs the app or if you delete & reinstall the app.

What is the model of your device & which iOS version are you using?
Hey Edger. It's an iPhone SE 2nd edition. App is on phone. Problem is with the updates. IOS version 16.3. Should I delete app and download it again ? It will NOT update no matter what I try. Thanks Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
What is the date of your current database update? If you pull down on the main listing page, it will show the date of your last update.

What version of the app do you have? You can go to the Settings App, scroll down to BushNTubes, the app version will be at the bottom of the user preference list.

Delete & reinstall should be a last resort. Hold off on that for a bit.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hey Edger. It's an iPhone SE 2nd edition. App is on phone. Problem is with the updates. IOS version 16.3. Should I delete app and download it again ? It will NOT update no matter what I try. Thanks Edgar
Low memory could possibly be a problem. Go to Settings->General and check your storage usage & availability.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I found this suggestion for cases where the App Store shows Open rather than Update:

Go to the App Store, tsp on your User Prifils icon in the upper right corner. This will bring up a list of apps with available updates. Pull down on the list & release it to refresh the list. When the refresh is done, scroll down through it to see if BushNTubes shows up. If it does, you can tap Update to initiate the update

BULLWINKLE

Edgar, tried that. It said update. When I selected that, the circular indicator went around in about 2 seconds and the button returned to open. It didn't update. Tried the same thing on iPad with the same results. Should I try to delete and reinstall the apps ? Thanks

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Are you sure it didn't update? The blue circle going around is an indication that it's updating & it's normal for it to show Open after it finishes. The app itself is fairly small. So 2 sec is about all it takes.

The updated app will have 4 icon buttons at the top of the main screen. If you have that, it updated. If not, first try rebooting your phone - power it off & back on, then try again. If that doesn't work, then try a delete & reinstall.

The main screen should look like the snapshot below with 4 icons across the top.

1691854216599.png

Top Bottom