Interesting challenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spnemo

I was recently chatting with a fountain pen enthusiast who said that having to take the pen apart to refill makes it feel "cheep." So here is my challenge:

Figure out a way to create a hand made fountain pen that can be refilled without taking it apart.

I am already trying to come up with something (I'll let you know if it works).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

There are really a couple of ways to tackle this one. The simpler one is to fix up some way to twist the converter without taking the pen apart. That just requires some cosmetic work to hide the joint. The hard way is to fabricate some sort of compression device and use a bladder like many of the vintage fountain pens. The button filler, coin filler, lever fill, ect mostly are variations on this concept. That's running with the big dogs. :)

ldb2000

Button fillers and Bulb fillers are easy enough to make if you are making kitless pens but kit pens are kind of tough to convert to any other kind of filling systems other then cartridge/converter fillers but it can be done .
James is on the right track using a converter and creating a blind cap to cover the knob on the converter , kind of like a quasi-piston filler .

Top Bottom