indexing plates?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

In another thread several people have wondered what they are going to do with their new index plates. I purchased one a year or so ago and have used it frequently. The most recent application will allow mounting a secondary chuck on my lathe for ornamental decoration. Here is a photo of the setup so far. The inset in the upper left corner is an example of the possibilities and is not my work.

<center>
2006914154217_ORNA2.jpg

</center>

What are you planning to do with your index plate?

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />In another thread several people have wondered what they are going to do with their new index plates. I purchased one a year or so ago and have used it frequently. The most recent application will allow mounting a secondary chuck on my lathe for ornamental decoration. Here is a photo of the setup so far. The inset in the upper left corner is an example of the possibilities and is not my work.

<center>
2006914154217_ORNA2.jpg
<br /></center>

What are you planning to do with your index plate?

Chuckie

Very nice!!
BTW, there is a Holtzapffel Ornamental Lathe for sale at ebay..

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Rudy Vey

Checked ebay for that lathe. The current bid is $5100 with the reserve not met. Noticed another Holtzapffel with a Buy it Now price of $60,000.00. Out side the chuck and index plate I purchased a nut, a bolt, 2 bearings, and 3 washers. Spent around $10.00[:)]

Chuckie

airrat

haha OUCH!!!
I could get lost in the $5100 and still not have turned one thing by this time next year. Forbid someone drops a tooth pick into one of the gears. [B)]

Chuck Key

The lathe with the reserve sold for $15,600.00. Still no action on the $60,000.00 Buy it Now.

Chuckie

Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />
Originally posted by Rudy Vey

Checked ebay for that lathe. The current bid is $5100 with the reserve not met. Noticed another Holtzapffel with a Buy it Now price of $60,000.00. Out side the chuck and index plate I purchased a nut, a bolt, 2 bearings, and 3 washers. Spent around $10.00[:)]

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom