In appreciation for IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NGLJ

Tomorrow is 2 years since I joined IAP. When I first started pen turning a friend said, "you must join IAP - it's a great way to learn and get ideas". I have to say how true that is. Everybody here is helpful and supportive, and my pen turning has progressed well beyond my expectations. My best certainly doesn't rank anywhere near the best that can be seen here but that matters not. What matters is that we each try to be the best that we can. It is a journey, one which we all openly and gratefully share here. So, I thought that I would show my appreciation for IAP and those behind it by making a pen. There is nothing special about the pen other than the sentiment behind the intent. Please see the attached. I chose the plating because it makes me think of the IAP, chrome for finish and gold since the IAP is "golden". Whenever people see the pen and perhaps ask, "what is the IAP?". I will be proud to explain and tell them what it has done for me.

Attachments

• IAP1.jpg
    IAP1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 62
  • IAP2.jpg
    IAP2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 65

Hippie3180

Tomorrow is 2 years since I joined IAP. When I first started pen turning a friend said, "you must join IAP - it's a great way to learn and get ideas". I have to say how true that is. Everybody here is helpful and supportive, and my pen turning has progressed well beyond my expectations. My best certainly doesn't rank anywhere near the best that can be seen here but that matters not. What matters is that we each try to be the best that we can. It is a journey, one which we all openly and gratefully share here. So, I thought that I would show my appreciation for IAP and those behind it by making a pen. There is nothing special about the pen other than the sentiment behind the intent. Please see the attached. I chose the plating because it makes me think of the IAP, chrome for finish and gold since the IAP is "golden". Whenever people see the pen and perhaps ask, "what is the IAP?". I will be proud to explain and tell them what it has done for me.
That's a very well done pen. Great job on the blank!

Top Bottom