I'm Kind Of Excited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

I just made arrangements with my local Woodcraft store (only four hours from where I live!) to do a whole-day penturning seminar strictly on advanced penturning techniques! This should be fun! We're doing two specific pen projects in the morning, so the attendees will have two pens to take home with them (so they can justify the fee for the course!). One is a slimline modification. The other will be a Navigator (Baron) in acrylic. I'd like to do this as a closed-end pen, but I know I can't pull this off!

Anyway, it's pretty exciting for me, so I thought I'd share it!

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

So which Woodcraft store are you doing this at? No clue from the message above and maybe some of us would attend if we knew which one you were going to be conducting the seminar. [?]

airrat

Scott, Congrats!! I took a class at the local woodcrafts. Make sure they have everything you might use in stock. When I saw some of the people come out of the class they went straight to the shelves to get everything they would need to turn pens. Some were mad at the teacher when woodcraft didnt have everything in stock.

Daniel

nice to hear some news that your still out there doing that demo thing. I havn't noticed any articals and what not in a while, and was wondering about ya. may be that I am just missing them though. I've pretty much been in and out myself.

Scott

Thanks Everybody! I am having fun putting this together! And yes, it's in Idaho, Boise to be specific. The one in Salt Lake City Utah is probably closer by about 30 minutes! [8D]

And thanks for the tips about making sure they have everything in stock at the store. I've already checked to make sure they have Micro Mesh and Renaissance Wax. I hope they have a good stock of CA glue! This should be a blast!

Hi Daniel! I've been writing articles all along for More Woodturning magazine. We recently arranged for me to re-work some of the old articles from there and put them up here at IAP. The first two should be up now!

Thanks again, Friends!

Scott.

Ron Mc

WOW!! What a fun time this will be.
If possible try to get some pics of the event and post them.

woodwish

Guess I will have to miss this one, my closest Woodcraft is about 3 hours away but Boise, Idaho, would be more like 53 hours away. That's a long way to make a pen, but it does sound like a good deal. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom