I'm finally turning again.........give me some cri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane, good to see you turning again. Nice segmenting, I like your style! I have had a lot of success with the "ring towers" at shows. The nice thing is there is no cost for materials as they are made from scraps. Most go for ten dollars or more at the shows. here are a few I will sell.

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I finally moved my family from North Carolina to Boise Idaho. I love the dry desert! It took a while but I finally arranged my tools in my garage and finally turned a couple of pens. I have wanted to do some pens like this for a while. I have been bored with my typical assortment. Let me know what you think.

Here is the group:

DSC02948.jpg

Pen 1:
A closed end Baron RB. Woods include amboyna burl, afzelia burl, curly mahogany (didn't end up being very curly[:(]), canary wood, and black maple veneer.
DSC02950.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

Pen 2:
Baron RB for my wife with not so curly maple, bocote, and black maple veneers.

DSC02953.jpg

Ring Holder:
I made this for my wife for our 12th anniversary. It was quick and simple and made a great impression. I noticed she always takes her ring off near the sink at night so it is great for her. It is from briar stem burl, african blackwood, and BOW.

F64.jpg

2006101023268_IM006882.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom