I'm baaaack! Seriously, I was gone!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

So I had a knee replacement in November and Holy Fog Buckets that hurts! Spent a lot of time lying on the couch moaning. The Spousal Unit put up with it for a while but then got up and moving around. Haven't had the knee stamina to stand at the lathe, yet, but am going to try it this weekend. I aven't been here that much because I generally do my forum browsing at work between patients. So here I am.

Miss me?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
OH, that hurts. Moan all you need to! Get well quick. I HATE physical therapy! More pain without any faster recuperation - if you ask me.

Welcome back.

sorcerertd

Hope you can get back to lathe therapy soon! I don't know if or how much it might help you, but I keep a milk crate next to the lathe when I need to give my back a break. It would certainly take the pressure of a knee, too.

Woodchipper

Hope things improve. I have friends who had knee replacement and said the PT is much worse than the surgery. Putting it off as long as the injections every six months last.
One friend had both done at once. Another said her insurance would only cover one at a time.

magpens

Indeed, WE SURE DID MISS YOU ! ! ! !

Get healthy and whole . . . . and stay warm ! !

AND . . . . get ready for it ! . . . . we all need some counseling to see us through this Omicron and all the other crap that's going on ! ! !

You're gonna be working overtime every day (and night) from now on ! ! ! ! :D . :D . :D . :D ! ! ! !

gimpy

Wonder where the heck you got to
PT sucks. I had three replacements in 4 yrs.
The last time around the pain was so bad
I told the PT personal that I was taking a week off
When I went back I had full range. PT was
convinced that I had done something to to come
back with full range. I told them I know my body
and it was telling me that it needed a break.

I wish you well and listen to the Dr (wife) as they know best
the morale of my story is to listen to your body and you'll be fine

TDahl

Wishing you a speedy recovery. It sounds like therapy will be a challenge, but hoping your reward will be more time at the lathe.

While PT is important and you will need it, before you head there seek out a medical massage clinic near you. A propertly trained massage therapist can work on your knee after the incisions heal and help get that initial mobility and function back. PT can then strengthen it with less pain and faster results. Two different disciplines that should work together but alas, they typically do not.

sbwertz

So I had a knee replacement in November and Holy Fog Buckets that hurts! Spent a lot of time lying on the couch moaning. The Spousal Unit put up with it for a while but then got up and moving around. Haven't had the knee stamina to stand at the lathe, yet, but am going to try it this weekend. I aven't been here that much because I generally do my forum browsing at work between patients. So here I am.

Miss me?
Hope you are feeling better really fast! By the way, you made me look up fog light buckets!

howsitwork

Well I just thought you're had a longer vacation this year Brian….🙄

Good to see you back at the keyboard . Is it true you only had it done so you can be frisked more frequently at airports 🤔🤣🤣

Welcome back

pshrynk

Thanks for everyone's kind words! My PT discharged me early, since I was making good progress. Down to a slight whimper when first addressing the steps every morning, right now, so I'm making progress. I plan on getting in front of the lathe this weekend. My grandson made a request to have one of those 4 in 1 pens from PSI.

pshrynk

Yes, a long vacation, indeed. Could really do without the pain at the beginning, though.

Come to think of it, that's pretty much the description of getting on a plane to go on vacation IRL... :oops:

pshrynk

Wonder where the heck you got to
PT sucks. I had three replacements in 4 yrs.
The last time around the pain was so bad
I told the PT personal that I was taking a week off
When I went back I had full range. PT was
convinced that I had done something to to come
back with full range. I told them I know my body
and it was telling me that it needed a break.

I wish you well and listen to the Dr (wife) as they know best
the morale of my story is to listen to your body and you'll be fine
Yikes! Although, I have to say I had a similar experience with my one replacement. Just one day, I started walking down the stairs without having to shuffle the bad leg and I felt like a corner had been turned.

pshrynk

Indeed, WE SURE DID MISS YOU ! ! ! !

Get healthy and whole . . . . and stay warm ! !

AND . . . . get ready for it ! . . . . we all need some counseling to see us through this Omicron and all the other crap that's going on ! ! !

You're gonna be working overtime every day (and night) from now on ! ! ! ! :D . :D . :D . :D ! ! ! !
I hear you! This variant is so much more virulent, I'm glad I got to miss most of it by staying home in isolation. It has a real binary presentation for the most part. Awful if not fully vaccinated, mild if so. Damned glad the Spousal Unit and I have both had boosters.

Top Bottom