I'm about to become a CNC machinist!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Amihai

Hi all,
I'm very excited to tell you that I'm about to begin studying CNC!
The studies will span across 10 months, 280 hours total. evening studies only, so I will be able to continue working and volunteering as usual.
These studies are considered "national priority" here, so the state will subsidies about 80% of the cost!

I've always been fascinated by how different everyday objects are made to work.
That's what partially got me into the hobby of pen making, and now into a career as a machinist.

Wish me luck!
Amihai.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Very cool. Good luck with the process.

Since we are seeing a resurgence of the US reshoring many industries/products we've previously relied on China to manufacture, I imagine there will be great demand for such skills in a number of countries over the coming years.

sbwertz

Hi all,
The studies will span across 10 months, 280 hours total. evening studies only, so I will be able to continue working and volunteering as usual.
These studies are considered "national priority" here, so the state will subsidies about 80% of the cost!

That's what partially got me into the hobby of pen making, and now into a career as a machinist.

Wish me luck!
Amihai.
My 19 year old grandson was lucky enough to be able to get his hands on one of these when the shop where he works was upgrading. His is the 4896 model. https://technocnc.com/older-models/

I am also giving him my 10" Southbend metal lathe. They came out last month and got the lathe all ready to ship back to Connecticut. It is a 1949 model that I inherited from my grandfather. He is majoring in mechanical engineering in college at night and working full time in a machine shop.
IMG_20240107_184416394.jpg

Last edited:

RichAldrich

Hi all,

Wish me luck!
Amihai.
Luck sent!. I have a cnc with the aspire soft ware. I also have the cnc rotary. Have not done anything with rotary or pens. If you come across info...please share.

Top Bottom