idea for good one person business..long post.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

old folks

Each member of the group should think about that teenage relative who really enjoys wood working. Ask him/her to consider setting up a small business making jigs for the bs and ts...then assist him/her in finding plans for the said jigs and assist in making the prototype of each jig.
I for one do not have the skills to make jigs and there has to be a lot more people like this. Then there are people who don't have the time...then there are a lot of people who would rather buy a jig already made than to try to build one.
I have spent the past two weeks emailing people asking them to make me three different jigs...no luck.
Most jigs would be fairly small , would not cost very much to make and being small they would be fairly cheap to mail...and the buyer would pay for shipping anyway.
I think if a young person would get into jig making they would find it to be a very rewarding buisness which could be ran from a basement shop, a small garage, or even a room set up for the work.
Thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Good idea John, but having raised two teenagers, if you can find one that is still within a hundred yards of you two seconds after you mention the "W" word (thats "Work") then you are lucky[:)]

Thumbs

John E. I noticed your request for a jig plan on another posting. I've been trying to make some of the jigs shown in my penmaking book, too! Not with a great deal of success, however, especially in the looks department.........But they don't have to look pretty if they work. Kinda! I have to believe that if you can make a pen, you can make up the necessary jigs, [;)]at least till you can sell some of those pens and buy some better store bought jigs. So be positive, enjoy, and remember this is supposed to be fun! A labor of love not a PIA...

Unless, that is, you have to turn out so many pens a day to earn a living, then list all the different jigs you think you need and I'm sure the people here will help you find some of those plans! I can only make one or two a week, pens that is, sure not like some of the guys here! [:p]But I don't feel like I'm competing with them, either, just pickin' their brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom