IAP Trail Mix

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN - TIME FOR THE IAP WINTER HOLIDAY TRAILMIX: Edgar's Trail Mix Recipe

A photo of my first batch of the year is below.

Jeff, Mark James & others have their own variations on this recipe. Feel free to post your variations & suggestions in this thread.

Enjoy
Edgar

Attachments

• Trail Mix.jpg
    Trail Mix.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Ohhhh! That looks nice.

OK, so I need to get off my butt tomorrow and get cracking for our chapter meeting..

I do appreciate the impetus Edgar!

BTW: I use 1/4 cup more Hot Sauce, spread between the batches! (Other than that, Edgar's recipe is... sweet...!)

Mark

I'll recommend: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/edgars-trail-mix-recipe-128532/

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
What are the odds of creating the recipe directions in a PDF and adding to the library?

I'll vote for it as the best new Article for 2017 in next years 14th Bash!!!!

Great idea, Vic.

I won't be able to get it done before the end of this year, but I'll put it on my 2018 to-do list.

Edgar

leehljp

Member Liaison
I used to make something similar when we were in Japan. I had to go to several import stores to find the general mix. At one store, I was consistently able to find "Wrights Liquid Hickory Smoke" - about 6 ounce of concentrated liquid smoke. I sprinkled a good portion on the mix before roasting in the oven. Delicious!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I used to make something similar when we were in Japan. I had to go to several import stores to find the general mix. At one store, I was consistently able to find "Wrights Liquid Hickory Smoke" - about 6 ounce of concentrated liquid smoke. I sprinkled a good portion on the mix before roasting in the oven. Delicious!

Interesting idea, Hank. We use Colgin Liquid Smoke on our grillin' but I've never thought to use it in my trail mix. I'll have to give it a try. :)

Top Bottom