IAP Collection - Pen #40

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Next in the review highlighting the holdings of The IAP Collection. And a nice introduction for newer members who were not here for the evolution of this ongoing project.

This pen was the Winner of the 2016 BASH Advanced Pen Contest.

Pen #40 - "Twisted Cocobolo" - Dale Lynch (Spanx)

Date Added to Collection - 3/3/16

IAP Collection Announcement
IAP Collection Photo Album (Updating is 2/3 done)
IAP Collection Display History

I will also mention, that I am open for requests for chapters/gatherings that would like for a display of the IAP Collection in Mid/late 2021.

IMG_2678.jpg
IMG_1916.jpg
IMG_1920.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

Last night at work I had some slow time so I logged into the IAP site and was looking at the IAP collection. I really enjoyed the write ups describing the how, when and where's. Thank you for doing this.

Seven

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Last night at work I had some slow time so I logged into the IAP site and was looking at the IAP collection. I really enjoyed the write ups describing the how, when and where's. Thank you for doing this.

Seven
I need to finish the updates and get some more questionaires to some of the added pens. I'm about 1/2 done, but have some chores to do. I'm glad that it is being viewed as I have not been able to display it in person this year, and will hopefully start the in-person displays next summer/fall.

From an Historical perspective, the write-ups are important. It is a good possibility that after it has served it's purpose to the IAP membership at some time in the future it may end up as a donation to an appropriate museum for display and preservation. At that time the documentation will be very important, already we have many pens from IAP members that have passed away or have moved on from active participation. But for the immediate future, we shall slog along. I hope to nurture this project for a few more years before passing the baton to another member.

This pen in particular is amazing to me. I love the detail that Dale put into the profile and the alignment of grain. It is also one of the Collection pens that I have to be very, very careful to watch as it is picked up and handled; many folks feel the urge to pull it apart :eek: . Several thousand folks have seen it in person and I have been able to keep it from being damaged. One of the purposes for the collection is for folks to pick up the pens and get a closer look and feel. Just need to be mindful and pay attention to the crowd;... as well as making sure none don't slip into a pocket. So far, so good. after 33 public displays.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Another random comment.

Dale (Spanx) has a wonderful IAP Members Photo Album which is an excellent collection of both some of his works, as well as those he admires from past IAP postings. It is an excellent source of inspiration.

Spanx' Photo Album.

Top Bottom