IAP auction-Kitty litter & Cat chow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Next week will be IAP auction time again!! I am posting this now as "fair warning" to all who may want to bid.

The purpose is, of course, to donate to the IAP-the winner's bonus will be a "litter of the cats (and chow)". I will donate a block of each of the following: Leopard, Snow leopard, cheetah, ocelot and zebra. Each block will be 1.5" x 35mm x 114 mm (each block will make four pens).

I have been cutting these to yield 2 larger pens (baron, Jr. Gent) as well as 2 slimline. I sell the slimline set for $50 and the barons for about $50 each. So, the block and appropriate kits, brings in about $200 x 5 blocks give you product that will sell at MY retail for about $1000.

The bidding will be Tuesday and Wednesday next week (August 1 & 2), ending Wednesday August 2 at 5:00 on the IAP computer clock.

Comments welcome, this will be subject to change until I actually get the bidding started, so all suggestions are still viable.

Thanks for reading,

Ed (and the IAP) will appreciate your participation!![:p][:p][:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don,

Hard as this is to believe, I was running out of things to say!!!

But it might go to three, after I see how the week starts off- still working at work once in a while!![:0][:0][:0]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Cozee,

YOU can turn this stuff! It's the easiest plastic you will ever encounter.

Fringe benefit-if you win the auction, I will cut a couple (relieving you of the band saw requirement) to the size you plan on using. If you ask nicely and provide me the tubes, I will even drill and tube them (all this is no additional charge-just ask).

Maybe one of the "wood" guys would like to pick up the ball here!!! There is a group of "newbies" who would prefer to bid on something easier. How about someone coming up with a selection of "Curlies" - maple, bubinga, purpleheart-things that are pretty easy to turn, but the results CAN be outstanding!!!

If you don't want to be "auctioneer", let me know, I will happily do that, but I don't have appropriate material in my stock.

Volunteers!!!?????[:D][:D][:D]

cozee

Ease of turnability was not the purpose of my question nor am I looking for something easier. Just simply asked according to a comment you made during a previous auction. I have never turned your product and am sure it is as you say, but I apologize if this newbie has in any way offended you by sounding as though I want something "pretty easy" to turn. Good luck with your auction.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Auction will take place starting tomorrow!! (Tuesday, Aug 1!)

Tentatively, it will end Wed at 5:00 (computer time). I will confirm this when the auction starts, as I have a conflict currently with being here Wed at that time. I THINK I can resolve it. But, for certain, we start Tuesday morning (about 10 am, IAP time).

Hope EVERYONE will get involved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom