IAP 2008 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-6 JAN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Welcome to the sixth day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>. You will have until 12 noon ET tomorrow to email your answer to this question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All correct answers "postmarked" before noon will be placed in a hat and two winners selected every day. The winners will be announced about 8 P.M. ET of the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Question for day 6.....

What is the most expensive pen ever produced and how much does it cost? (Do not consider the Jr. Statesman pen I made 3 years ago that I am selling for $8.5 million)

Email your answer to: 2008bashtrivia@penturners.org

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Nice to see you are here in a more "timely" fashion today. Of course the football hasn't gotten started today yet so I didn't have any real concerns.
[}:)]:D
Mrs.

Randy_

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind

Randy,

I think you still owe us a 'pic' for your 8.5 mil Jr. Statesman;) I searched and I searched but still 'nothin' in your IAP album[:eek:)]

-Peter-:)

Not much point in posting it here cause there isn't anyone here who could afford it!! It only gets shown around at really high class places.

Anyway, IIRC, I said I would post a picture "after" it sold. :D

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Randy_

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind

Randy,

I think you still owe us a 'pic' for your 8.5 mil Jr. Statesman;) I searched and I searched but still 'nothin' in your IAP album[:eek:)]

-Peter-:)

Not much point in posting it here cause there isn't anyone here who could afford it!! It only gets shown around at really high class places.

Anyway, IIRC, I said I would post a picture "after" it sold. :D

By that point digital cameras will be obsolete - wonder what technology will be like then ?? [:0]

mrcook4570

Originally posted by Randy_

cause there isn't anyone here who could afford it!! It only gets shown around at really high class places.

Does your wife know that you are slumming with us lowlives? [:eek:)]

Oh, btw, by may calculations based on the rate of change of the exchange rates, Peter will be able to buy your pen with change that he digs out of his sofa by mid June. [:0]

Randy_

Trivia Contest Winners</u>

Question: What is the most expensive pen ever produced and how much does it cost.

Answer: Here is a link to the answer. http://most-expensive.net/pen-world

Note: 56 entries and I think all of them were correct. You guys are good!!

The winners of the day 6 contest are:

rangair94

and

NavyDiver

And the prizes are:

$20.00 gift certificate donated by Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods

Pen Blanks donated by edman2

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Andrew Jordan's profile and email him with:

1. Name and date of the contest you won, (Example: Jan 6 Trivia)
2. Your mailing address and
3. Your prize preference. (If you both select the same prize, Andrew will flip a coin to determine who gets what.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of this forum. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

IPD_Mrs

Congratulations Rangair and Navy Diver. To everyone else that also got this correct . . GREAT JOB! Keep up the great Trivia Hunting [:eek:)]

TBone

You're close. I didn't think they deserved it....but you know that baby blue horseshoe :D

I can't believe Clemson didn't cover the only guy left in the game that was hitting outside shots. STUPID

Randy_

Eric: I did receive your contest entry; but because of the selection process, I did not actually see your answer. Let me email you tomorrow with some details. This will probably have to be discussed with the entire Trivia Contest team.

TBone

Originally posted by ericw95

Randy - did you not get my email? I sent you a link to a pen by Montegrappa that was over a million dollars that was created in 2004.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/24/ultimate.pen/index.html

After seeing this post, I got curious. I wanted to see a million dollar pen. That article is dated 3/1/06. However, I found another article here, dated 6/7/06 that says
"The Peace Pen has yet to be sold, but Nuti said there are several interested parties in the Middle East, Russia, Asia and Hollywood". It would be interesting to know if anyone has purchased it.

http://www.thestreet.com/pf/funds/goodlife/10290005.html

WriteRev

Like Eric, I submitted the Peace Pen as my answer. I found it interesting that some of the discussion surrounding this pen complained that the "most expensive" label would just lead to bigger stones being included and so didn't really mean anything.

Since it apparently hasn't sold yet at the asking price, I would like to modify my answer. The most expensive pen that I know of is a b2b slimline made from olivewood. It can be yours for the the amazingly low price of $2.5 million.

Thanks for the fun questions and congratulations to the winners!

Steve

Top Bottom