I want this one!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kyaggie

This is an oak at the place my wife works. Ya' think they would notice if I cut it down? I wanna' see what all of that looks like inside!

Mike

Attachments

• Oak-Burl-Tree.jpg
    Oak-Burl-Tree.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 329
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

interesting tree, I have a burl on my oak, they said if I chop off the burl it will die. it is tempting

Unless the burl goes all the way through, I'd have to call this one. After all, if it goes all the way through and you cut it...yes, the tree will die. If it is hanging off the side and you cut it, the tree will try to scar the cut(if you paint the cut to reduce ants and moisture) and it will probably be just fine!

I've taken a few burls off the side of trees, and they are doing just fine(and the burls too):rolleyes:

Scott (cut it and once on the ground utilize it) B

Bob Wemm

interesting tree, I have a burl on my oak, they said if I chop off the burl it will die. it is tempting

Unless the burl goes all the way through, I'd have to call this one. After all, if it goes all the way through and you cut it...yes, the tree will die. If it is hanging off the side and you cut it, the tree will try to scar the cut(if you paint the cut to reduce ants and moisture) and it will probably be just fine!

I've taken a few burls off the side of trees, and they are doing just fine(and the burls too):rolleyes:

Scott (cut it and once on the ground utilize it) B

Have to agree with you Scott, most of our Aussie trees will handle the burl being sliced off the side of the tree, without too much problem. Sealing the scar would also be a good idea.

Bob.:wink:

Top Bottom