I taught my class, and . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

I taught my class on Wednesday, and it went over real well! I was very pleased! It was an all-day class on advanced penturning at the local Woodcraft (in Boise Idaho). I had three students, and we started out with discussions of everything from tools and lathes to pen blanks and sandpaper. We spent some time going through design considerations, such as looking at a kit to see what is essential, and everything else can be changed. Then each student got to turn two modifications of standard pen kits. The first one was a modified slimline out of dyed boxelder and african blackwood. The second was a closed end Navigator (Baron) out of Acrylic. Along the way I showed them how to do a flawless CA/BLO finish, and I even introduced them to TSW. Along the way we had a great time, and we all made new friends!

Thanks to everybody here who helped me figure out how I wanted to approach this class. And thanks to Fangar, who made sure each of my students would have a pin chuck! The Woodcraft store already wants to schedule me for the same class again in a couple of months!

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texas Taco

Glad to hear it went good for you. I always looked forward to new employees in our department and I always asked to train them. You wouldn't believe how much <b>I</b> learned about my job from training them to do theirs.

Tea Clipper

I spent a few years in the Navy as an instructor, and I just love it when you explain something difficult but from the look of your students eye's you can see how it's sinking in and you can really tell when the lightbulbs go on for them. It's a great feeling. Congrats on your successful class!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom