I really like making these things

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

This is my second effort at making a pocket knife. Same style kit as the first and clad in dark figured Koa from Tom Bennett @wolf creek knives - same as the first. The difference is the first has fairly thick scales, making it very comfortable in the hand and in use, and for the same reason, not so comfortable in the pants pocket. So, the second one is thinner, similar in thickness to my Benchmade and Spyderco tactical knives. Since I carry a knife with me all the time, I think the second one will soon become my favorite - over any of my others. But the second one has a wart, the top of the right bolster, near the scales got a little too friendly with the belt of my vertical oscillating sander while it was running; it is a small ding, but a ding nonetheless. Oh Well, I still really like it - the knife not the ding. I have since removed the pocket clip, and let it just settle in the bottom of my pants pocket.

If you care to comment, it will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 1_Knife_1.jpg
    1_Knife_1.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 1_Knife_2.jpg
    1_Knife_2.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 1_Knife_3.jpg
    1_Knife_3.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 1_Knife_4.jpg
    1_Knife_4.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 1_Knife_5.jpg
    1_Knife_5.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 1_Knife_6.jpg
    1_Knife_6.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Where do you buy your folder kit? Thanks in advance
Tom Bennett @wolf creek knives changed to a different style folder, so I bought his remaining stock of these particular folders. Tom's new folders are showcased in a several of his recent posts; I have 3 of his in his new style, and love them. If I move forward with knives, I would NOT make the same knives Tom is making; he has been very kind to me in getting me set up in this effort. And, honestly, I have no idea where he got them. So, if I were to go on with knives, there are 3 possibly 4 kits I like at KnifeKits.com, and a few more at Premium Knife Supply, premiunknifesupply.com.

I am mostly interested in locking folders, and if I were to go forward, I would focus on tactical locking folders. Years ago I made handgun, primarily revolver, grips for tactical and concealed carry, so this kinda gets me back to that.

There is a lot of woodworking in making grips for guns or knives, and I find it quite satisfying, more so than turning - although I still enjoy turning.

Hope this helps Mark

Top Bottom