I need your help to improve my web site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Collier

Hi,
I have an exotic wood penblank web site and I would apreciate getting your opinion by filling out an anonymous online survey.

My web site is www.penblanks.ca and the link to the survey can be found at the top of that home page or by following this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=402322055500

This anonymous survey will only take a few minutes and I am offering anyone who fills it out, a 10% discount off of his or her next order. The 10% discount is valid for each customer only one time.

Many thanks,
Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Bill,
I really hope that you are asking for advice and don't get bothered by what I am going to tell you.
First off cut the number of keywords you have in your tags by 2/3. You have way too many.
Second change the Theme used on your site to something else. It just doesn't make me look at your site as a place to buy anything.

I'll fill your survey out to help you out.
Please take my suggestions as a pen turner trying to help you out.[;)]

woodpens

As Ron mentioned, your keyword list is gigantic! 431 words! Take a look at what the META Tag Analyzer has to say about your site first, then mine.

www.penblanks.ca
The Tag processed is 3255 characters in length
Status: WARNING! This Tag contains too many characters for what we would consider a "robot friendly" Web page. Consider using our free META Tag Builder to correct this. The maximum number of characters we recommend for this Tag is 874.

www.woodpens.com
The Tag processed is 534 characters in length
Status: This Tag is considered acceptable and search engine friendly. However this Tag may or may not be properly optimized or descriptive enough to put your Web page on the top of the search engines. This Tag should contain keywords and keyword phrases that is important to your site. Our recommended maximum number of characters for this tag is 874. Although we would not recommend you use this entire allowance or you may then suffer from keyword saturation.

The bottom line is that your words are important, but put them all on your webpages, not in your META Tag.

Bill Collier

Thanks to everyone for your input. It is all greatly appriciated. Don't worry about me feeling bad about your comments, I want to find out what I can do better and not what I'm already doing right. If you can pass this survey on to others that would be great. I want to get as many ideas as possible. Well, I better get back to work.
Again, thanks to all.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom