I have a dilemma! Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

So I was planning on turning a classic roller ball pen. I put end caps on the blanks and realized after I pulled up the assembly instructions, that I had forgotten about the 1/8" tenon that has to be cut for it. If I turn it now, I lose one of my end caps.
So this is what I have: 2 blanks at 51.5mm (2") long with 10mm tubes.
Is there another pen kit I can use these on? Or should I just turn it to the rollerball and lose a cap?
Hanks for any help or advice.
Bobby

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

If the tenon was to be part of the top blank, then you should be able to turn the tenon and assemble per the instructions. The only issue would be if you did not allow for the length of the tenon when you cut your top tube.

bsshog40

That is exactly my issue. I cut the blanks forgetting that this required a tenon. šŸ„“Dummy me! Lol I went thru all of PSI's 10mm pen kits. All are either shorter or longer. Oh well, just gonna turn it anyway and it will have to live without an end cap.

DrD

The pen you showed looked like a BHW Series2000 Flat-top American. If I recall, the other kit in that series, the Streamline American, along with all the Double Twist Flat-top ball points all have that bare tube tendon for attaching the center band. What I have done a few times is to part off more of the cap material and then fabricated a new accent band and glued it on; results were more than ok, no one else was the wiser.

Oh, and Thank You for Your Service!

Don

bsshog40

The pen you showed looked like a BHW Series2000 Flat-top American. If I recall, the other kit in that series, the Streamline American, along with all the Double Twist Flat-top ball points all have that bare tube tendon for attaching the center band. What I have done a few times is to part off more of the cap material and then fabricated a new accent band and glued it on; results were more than ok, no one else was the wiser.

Oh, and Thank You for Your Service!

Don
Yea, its a Classic Rollerball kit. I finished it anyway. Posted in the pens forum. And thank you!

Top Bottom