I found a new addiction!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Hollow form vases! I am absolutely fascinated by the possibilities with this OneWay hollow rig. Here's a walnut vase I did tonight. It's much easier the second time around, that's for sure. I have a better feel for it, as well. BTW, the photo's do NOT do justice to the color in this wood.
Dave

200687234343_walnut2.jpg

200687234358_walnut1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Dave AAW is the American Association of Woodturners. Tell me a little more about the hollow vase rig. I don't remember seeing it ... is it from Packard?
And, great looking vase. Whoaaaa!

Woodnknots

Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Dave AAW is the American Association of Woodturners. Tell me a little more about the hollow vase rig. I don't remember seeing it ... is it from Packard?
And, great looking vase. Whoaaaa!
It's from OneWay. It's a captive system that comes with 4 different turning bars. A goose neck, a double bend goose neck, a straight 1/2" bar and a straight 1" bar with a large cutter head for finish scraping/boring. It has a laser attachment that allows you to monitor and set the wall thickness that you want, and get a consistent thickness throughout without having to rely on feel, or double ended calipers every 30 seconds.
You can see it here... http://www.oneway.on.ca/hollowing/index.htm

bca1313

That is beautiful. Nice job. The AAW site is great and they have some great people over there. www.woodturners.org if I remember right.

gerryr

Beautiful work. I can just see myself telling my wife that I need an "accesory" for my lathe that costs twice what the lathe cost.[:0] But, it would sure be nice to have.

BigRob777

Dave,
Wow, that's only your 2nd vase? Amazing. I'm getting ready to do my first "bowl", which is a walnut goblet. I hope to find the time, some day that is.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom