I copied Coach

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodbutcher68

I made this last week, copied Coach's Texas Quarter stopper. Imitation is the best form of flattery!
I made one with an Illinois coin and sold it the next day.

2005929152_BS-4.jpg

20059291518_BS-5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Awesome job Fred. I am getting ready to turn my first bottle stopper in the next day or so. I am planning on turning one with a Virginia State quarter in it for my mother-in-law for Christmas. I was planning on counter sinking the quarter just a little and then filling in over it with that really thick clear polyurethane or whatever it is. That stuff that is supposed to be equivalent to about 80 or 100 coats of urethane. I figured this way the quarter would not tarnish. I'll post pictures if and when it turns out.

coach

It looks great Fred. I have to admit, I got the idea from Old Griz. People do really like the state quarters though! I made one for my step-mom with a Minnisota quarter. (she is from there) She absolutley loves it!

Tonyc53

Fred, all I can say is...Man I can't wait until I develop skills like that. This gives me an idea for a "Bahamian Coin" souvenir. [:D] Please Sir...show us some more??? [:)]

And Mark, perhaps you could use a little drop of clear acrylic to cover your quarter!! [8D]

Woodbutcher68

Thanks for the comments.
The coin on the stopper shown does not have a coating on it. I'll probably put a couple of coats of CA on it. The stoppers I'm making now all have 4 coats of medium CA on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom