I caught a fishy...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chitswood

We caught a fish or two

It was an overnight canoe trip on the Missouri river, caught the bigger ones on some fishing poles that dad designed himself, he uses a small rope as string, they were designed for catching only the big ones :D

we used some fish we caught in the creeks in our areas (blue gills and minnows) and jumbo goldfish from the bait store.

Dad is holding the 42 pound one, the one hanging is 35 pounds, pluse there is one more behind us that weighs 27 pounds. We also caught some various smaller channel catfish.[:p]

I'm not much for pics, and I was ready to collapse after two days of paddling on the river with no sleep and a 200 pound weight anchor (the fish) dragging on the back.

[image]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/sirdaricksirdarick/DSC00765.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/sirdaricksirdarick/DSC00767.jpg[/image]

The girls in one backround are some of the neighbors that flocked over at the site of fish that could literally eat a small child.

We have about 100 lbs. of catfish meat now, got any catfish recepies? :D;);)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodman928

Darick
I’m down here near Springfield MO Id be happy to take them off your hands if they are too much trouble.
We use Zatarain's Seasoned Fish-Fri Crispy Southern style just put some in a baggie throw in some fish parts and deep fry in peanut oil Ya cant beat it. Unfortunately we have to just buy our Catfish. [:D][:D][:D]

Jay

chitswood

Haha, I have no idea what what Dads gonna do with them, but he grew up in the philipines, then here in missouri where he literally caught dinner or otherwise didn't eat.

He grew up eating fish and rice about every day and I imagine hes got a recipe or two[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom