I’m not one for theme style pens, but……

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
As I have posted in the past, my son is in the Coast Guard and in March of 2022 the cutter he was on, crossed the equator. As some of you that are veterans know when this happens, those that haven't crossed before get baptized with water from equator and become Shellbacks.
I have wanted to commemorate the date for some time and I finally got to it for Christmas this year.
IMG_3005.jpeg

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3007.jpeg

This is the second pen as the lower barrel cracked when assembling. I ordered another blank and it did not match the first so I had to remake the whole pen.
The pen is a Sea Turtle in gunmetal and the blank is Alpine Frost inlace.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Very Nice. At first I thought the blank was Rhino's "Blue Sky" until I read all of your text. (It's one of my favorite Rhino blanks).
What a nice tribute to commemorate such a special event. - Dave

Woodchipper

Great looking pen. A college friend joined the Navy out of high school. He told of the initiation rituals for the swabbies. Bordered on disgusting and gross.

Cartaphilus

Let me second Woodchipper's comment. Crossing the line involves a lot more than being doused with water from the Equator, and it does more than border on disgusting. I crossed in the Navy in 1969 and had to throw the uniform I was wearing at the time overboard because there was no way it could ever be cleaned. So question: where did you get the turtle clip?

woodwzrd

Let me second Woodchipper's comment. Crossing the line involves a lot more than being doused with water from the Equator, and it does more than border on disgusting. I crossed in the Navy in 1969 and had to throw the uniform I was wearing at the time overboard because there was no way it could ever be cleaned. So question: where did you get the turtle clip?
My buddy crossed in the mid 90's and had a very similar experience lol.

@Monty well done on the execution of this pen. I, like you, am not real fond of themed pens but everything about this pen ties together very nice and is quite appropriate for the occasion. I really like the personalize touch of the engraving. I am sure it will be cherished.

Top Bottom