Hunting at its finest , WI style!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE TWO DUCK HUNTERS FROM WISCONSIN?

ABSOLUTELY TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON
THE INCIDENT.

A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 (with monthly
payments of $560.00).

He and a friend go duck hunting in mid-winter; and of course all of
the lakes are frozen. These two guys go on a lake with their GUNS, a
DOG, and of course the New NAVIGATOR.

They decide they want to make a natural looking water area for the
ducks, something for the decoys to float on. Now making a hole in the
ice large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little
more power than the average drill auger can produce.

So, out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite
with a short 40 second-fuse. Now our two Rocket Scientists, afraid
they might slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse (and becoming toast, along with the Navigator), decide on the
following course of action: they lite the 40 second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust, they throw the stick of dynamite as far away as
possible.

Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR,
the GUNS, and the DOG...???

Let's talk about the dog: A highly trained Black Lab used for
RETRIEVING. Especially things thrown by the owner.

You guessed it: the dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of
speed and grabs the stick of dynamite, with the burning 40-second
fuse, just as it hits the ice.

The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in their necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler at the dog to stop. The dog, now apparently cheered on by his master, keeps coming.

One hunter panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog. The shotgun
is loaded with #8 bird shot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab.
The dog stops for a moment, slightly confused then continues on.
Another shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really
confused and of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone
insane. The dog takes off to find cover, under the brand new
Navigator.

The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on
the truck touches the dogs rear end, he yelps, drops the dynamite
under the truck and takes off after his master. Then

""""""""""BOOOOOOOOOOOOM""""""""""!! !!!

The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake,
leaving the two idiots standing there with...... "I can't believe this just happened" looks on their faces.

The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal use of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy.

He still had yet to make the first of those $560.00 a month
payments...The dog is okay...

Newspaper item from Wisconsin...

AND THEY MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE IN ARKANSAS?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dfurlano

Nice story but I think I would have to see where that was printed. Ducks in the dead of winter doesn't make sense. But then again I could be wrong.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh, no!! Not ONLY false, but "found out" by Frank, my friend from Arkansas whom I thought would get the most entertainment!!!

HOW EMBARASSING!@!!!! [:0][:0][:0]

(actually, I'm over it!)

Rifleman1776

There is another famous, but false,story about two Arkansas hunters who replace a fuse (the old style glass type) in their truck with a .22 round. It worked but overheated and went off and shot into the testicles of one of the guys sterilizing him. This story went around so much and was attributed to having been reported in our large newspaper, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. It got so widespread that the paper had to print a retraction to a story they never published in the first place.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />There is another famous, but false,story about two Arkansas hunters who replace a fuse (the old style glass type) in their truck with a .22 round. It worked but overheated and went off and shot into the testicles of one of the guys sterilizing him. This story went around so much and was attributed to having been reported in our large newspaper, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. It got so widespread that the paper had to print a retraction to a story they never published in the first place.

NOW you're on MY turf.

Mythbusters spent nearly a half an hour proving that the .22 round actually COULD be shot out of a fuse box. (Although the only junk car they could find that had the fuse aiming the right direction was an import) But they were thrilled to find it could actually get hot enough with a dead short to fire the round.

(They did point out the facts you site above, the newspaper retracted the story they never published!!)

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />There is another famous, but false,story about two Arkansas hunters who replace a fuse (the old style glass type) in their truck with a .22 round. It worked but overheated and went off and shot into the testicles of one of the guys sterilizing him. This story went around so much and was attributed to having been reported in our large newspaper, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. It got so widespread that the paper had to print a retraction to a story they never published in the first place.

NOW you're on MY turf.

Mythbusters spent nearly a half an hour proving that the .22 round actually COULD be shot out of a fuse box. (Although the only junk car they could find that had the fuse aiming the right direction was an import) But they were thrilled to find it could actually get hot enough with a dead short to fire the round.

(They did point out the facts you site above, the newspaper retracted the story they never published!!)

I saw that Mythbusters episode. They really had to jack up the voltage to get the .22 to pop and concluded it was only sorta possible.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
POINT OF FACT, FRANK!!

When I watch TV, I am also turning pens!!!! All my facts are subject to clarification, if it happened while I was trying to finalize the SHAPE of the pen or after a CATCH!!! I will RARELY be right on details of programs!

Woodbutcher68

Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />Nice story but I think I would have to see where that was printed. Ducks in the dead of winter doesn't make sense. But then again I could be wrong.

We've got ducks, geese and swans here all winter. There's always some open water on the channels (read warm water discharges) on some of the lakes every winter. Lake Michigan doesn't always freeze over either.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
<br />
Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />Nice story but I think I would have to see where that was printed. Ducks in the dead of winter doesn't make sense. But then again I could be wrong.

We've got ducks, geese and swans here all winter. There's always some open water on the channels (read warm water discharges) on some of the lakes every winter. Lake Michigan doesn't always freeze over either.

Isn't that reassurring? Some parts of the lake remain open water when the residents are FREEZING THEIR ASSETS OFF!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom