Huge difference noticed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Since our conditioner has died and the basement is no longer air conditioned I have seen a huge difference in how two part epoxy glue is behaving. I use 5 minute epoxy both for some segmenting as well as gluing in brass tubes. I use system 3 and also some BSI that I'm using up. Before I could easily glue in 4 brass tubes from one epoxy batch. Now I can barely get the second one in. The glue is thinner as well when I start. This makes me think about all the questions here regarding gluing and CA finishing. Drives home the truth that we all know that there all so many variables regarding these issues that it's no wonder one way works for me and yet can be a dismal failure for others, and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jttheclockman

There is so many factors when it comes to working with chemicals that are liquid as well as products that are wood like and combine them all and you are right one size does not fit all and never will. That is why you see so many different methods and everyone believes in their method because they found it works for them. The list of causes is endless. Even though you are seeing a difference in air conditioning as opposed to non air, does not mean at all that is the reason your glue is drying quicker. Add to the fact it is older as the bottle gets less and less, more air is allowed in, Age of product increases every time you open it. The time limits on these products are usually pretty darn close as to what is advertised. Heat and humidity do play a role in any finish.

Top Bottom