Howdy from Allen, Texas (still USA)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Thought I'd say from the Great State of Texas. I'm an old guy, turned my first pen in 1982, Been out of the hobby for a while... The Freedom Pen project got me back.

I've already made some posts, and have benefited greatly from the help received here. I hope to return the favor soon.

I'll post some pictures later today.

Regards,
Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Hi Tom. Welcome. I'll make sure you can return the favor of all the help everyone has given you here (none from me yet since I'm still learning). When I make my first rocking horse I'm sure I'll ask you where the hell I went wrong when I destroy the first few.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Tom,

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish to pens to tools to methods etc. It is not in detail or comprehensive but a good overview of pen turning. I am sure you know all of this and could have done a better job that is there. However, since you are new on this forum, I don't want to leave you out in getting the link.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

TomW

Welcome to the group!

Hi Mark. Just finising up a few days in Scotland. Spent Sunday at St Andrews, Monday up to Inverness and Loch Ness and Perth, and Today at Edinburgh and Stirling Castles. On our way back to Cambridge tomorrow.... I guess the weather is always this good???:cool:

Regards,
Tom

Top Bottom