How to remove that white diamond stuff?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I was finishing up a pen made from a bowling ball blank tonight. I polished it with tripoli and then white diamond. It has beads in it towards the middle section. What I am noticing is that there is white between the beads that I cannot get out. It seems to have appeared during this buffing process. I tried using DNA on it to remove it, tried just pushing really hard with a paper towel between the beads, but nothing seems to work. When I went back to the buffing wheel, that only made what little I had managed to remove reappear! Does anyone know of any substance that would remove this?

angboy

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />I've held the pen in a rubber pad and used dental floss to get unwanted items out of seams. Prevents gingivitis as well![:D]

William, thanks for the "tip"! I tried it and it didn't work... BUT, I think I know why! You forgot about brushing BEFORE flossing! When the flossing didn't work, I thought about how I clean my rings with a toothbrush (an old one, not a current one [xx(]) and toothpaste and decided to try that. Well it worked great! Just to feel like I did the complete oral care, I may still floss the blank though! But let this be a lesson to all of us- just flossing isn't enough, you have to brush too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom