How to finish this blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wimkluck

I have made a new blank with epoxy. Eggshells in black epoxy. Just turned this blank. I want to see the result. Normally I only polish the epoxy.
The eggshells are not stabilized. Finish with CA? Other options?
20230720_204057 (1).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Regardless it couldn't hurt to go through the micromesh and see what it looks like.

If it was me I would then hit it with the plastic (or similar) polish - just to see what happens.

But I would certainly clean all that up and then do a CA finish - I'd be concerned about an edge or small triangle chip of eggshell cracking and slipping out of the space.

IMHO, Egg shells are going to be a weak spot - lots of them, because they are brittle. Seal them with CA layers. Measure the thickness of the CA with calipers. I might be wrong and am often enough, and as such I tend to over build what ever I build and over think things to prevent future problems. That kind of thinking works . . . sometimes! šŸ¤£ šŸ˜Œ YMMV.

I really like the looks of the casting.

Regardless it couldn't hurt to go through the micromesh and see what it looks like.

If it was me I would then hit it with the plastic (or similar) polish - just to see what happens.

But I would certainly clean all that up and then do a CA finish - I'd be concerned about an edge or small triangle chip of eggshell cracking and slipping out of the space.
You don't see it on the picture, but it's polished. It was a quick one but it shines.

Back
Top Bottom