How much do you par for electricity??????????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
This is pen turning related since we use electricity to run our lathes.
What I'm interested in is how much per kwh do you pay and is your electric company a for profit company or municipally owned?
On my last bill, my rate was $0.16/kwh and the company is not municipally owned. Since Texas deregulated the electricity companies, my rate changes from month to month.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Rates here in Ontario are at $0.058/kwh but the utilty companies add sneaky things like delivery charges, debt-retirement charges, G.S.T. and a few other nonsensical items that probably bring the price more in line with yours.

The utility companies are both for profit and non-profit here in Ontario now that we have deregulated policies in place. The consumer has a choice to to register with their preferred source. I think they all stink and makes our laws pitiful in terms of consumer protection. High gasoline prices, high natural gas prices and now higher electricity prices. Sorry for the rant but I need to vent but I can't afford to run my lathe with these rates[:(]
-Peter-[:)]

turff49

.07 here but this month had a 48 dollar fuel charge. I guess that is to pay for the gas for the guys to drive around and find a place to hide when they aren't on a call. Friggin' robbery. I know, it's the cost of the fossil fuel to make the electricity but geez. I should put in a windmill or solar power and charge them for the over abundance of electricity I would have.
Brian

Dario

Power bill is almost as bad as phone bills...adjustments and extra charges are everywhere.

Times like this, I appreciate the fact that my central air broke almost 2 years ago. We resorted to installing 2 window type A/C instead and it is saving us a lot. It makes sense because LOML and I are almost always alone and cooling this 4 BR house (centrally) is not that practical.

I used to pay about $250.00 a month on summer. This year we are averaging $20.00 a month...including gas! We are averaging $0.65 for electric and gas per day. [:D]

loglugger

Last bill 944 kwh $68.14
There is
Basic charge $7.00
Delivery charge 944 kwh @ .0356300 $45.42
Basic Service Energy 1st block 460 kwh @ .0298900 $13.75
Basic Service Energy 2st block 460 kwh @ .0359600 $16.54
Basic Service Energy 3rd block 74 kwh @ .0450500 $ 3.33
Public purpose @ .0300000 $ 2.28
Low income assistance $ .33
BPA Energy Discount for 28 days 460 kwh @ .0158700 - $7.30
BPA Energy Discount for 28 days 534 kwh @ .0060100 - $3.21
Total $ 68.14
The utility Companies have to keep you guessing so maybe everyone
will be confused enough to just keep quite.
Bob

PenWorks

You don't want to know. [V]
3 A/C units running constantly when it's 115 outside. Sometimes I think the
spinning wheel is going to fly right out of the meter!

Ron Mc

WOW!!
I would love to have any of these electric bills! I wonder if my home owner association will let me add window units? I guess if they say anything I can tell them to pay my bill. I could use any condensation from the units to water my yard![:D]

rpasto92

I think my bill last month was around $200. Central Air, wood shop and swimming pool. To save money I broke the cover off the electric meter and replaced the wheel with a saw blade. Now I cut all my blanks with that[:D]

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />You don't want to know. [V]
3 A/C units running constantly when it's 115 outside. Sometimes I think the
spinning wheel is going to fly right out of the meter!

Draken

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Ron,

I think most HOA will allow you as long as the window unit is not visible from the street.

My HOA expressly prohibits window AC units, whether visable or not. They also don't allow solar panels on the roof, or black plastic yard edging, or....

Dario

Originally posted by Draken
<br />
<br />Ron,

I think most HOA will allow you as long as the window unit is not visible from the street.

My HOA expressly prohibits window AC units, whether visable or not. They also don't allow solar panels on the roof, or black plastic yard edging, or....

Must be very expensive place [;)]...watch out, those HOA usually have foreclosure powers/authority as well [:0]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by Draken
<br />
<br />Ron,

Exactly why I woudn't live in a place with a HOA!!

200672517293_Better_HalfHOA.gif

Pipes

I had a LOW Bill last Month here about 150 bucks BUT I didn't run the central air much Iam sure it a be 250 bucks or more this month since it has been so warm here in SE MIchigan !!![:(]

http://affordablepipes.com/

My hydro bill for June 16 to July 18 was:
Basic .... $6.25
175 kWh x $0.0578 = 10.12
1275 kWh x $0.05654 = 72.09
Sub Total .... $88.46
2.5% city tax .... 2.22
7% Provincial tax .... 6.19
6% GST (fed tax) .... 5.31
Total .... $102.18
I guess it could be worse.

lwalden

Mannie, we seem to be on the high end here in Texas- I'm right behind you at 15.3 cents per kilowatt, which seems to be two to three times higher than most- throw in using 4000 KWH last month, and I'm right at $600.00 for the month. Hopefully, the two new Trane A/C units sitting in my shop that will get installed this weekend will help reduce that overall consumption rate- the existing ones are 18 and 22 years old.
Originally posted by Monty
<br />This is pen turning related since we use electricity to run our lathes.
What I'm interested in is how much per kwh do you pay and is your electric company a for profit company or municipally owned?
On my last bill, my rate was $0.16/kwh and the company is not municipally owned. Since Texas deregulated the electricity companies, my rate changes from month to month.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Well I'm glad to see someone uses about as much electricity as I do. Last month it was 4497kwh @ $0.16 per. Total of $719.75. However, I'm not only cooling my house but also a 40' park model RV my MIL stays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom