How many pen blanks can I make from this ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
photo44.jpg

One of two piles of Gaboon Ebony, total weight: 16 tons.

Reminds me of the song... 16 tons, and what do you get...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

For crying out load! No wonder I can't find any good black ebony. You have it all.[:D]

This is the best ebony I've ever seen. Pure black!

This is still pretty green, notice the sprinkler being used to keep the wood wet while it's getting prepared for storage.

I'm sorry, I have given the wrong impression.
This belongs to a good friend of mine who sells exotics. I should have been more clear.

Anyway I might wrangle a piece ot two.

Dario

Originally posted by nilsatcraft
<br />I can't wait to see your first set of Ebony Baseball Bats! Great haul, Ron. You're keeping everyone else greener than wood... with envy.

So true...I want some but I know I can't afford it so never mind. [:D]

Those are really beautiful though (Jeff we need a drool emoticon LOL).

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
You load 16 ton - and what do you get.......!

My bet is most people here never heard of Tennesse Ernie Ford [:)]

As for the small mountain of wood...WoW...[:)][:p]

tipusnr

Nice pile of wood. As for the song - someone will try to sing it every couple of months at my show but most of the basses are doing Johnny Cash again!

angboy

Originally posted by penhead
<br />You load 16 ton - and what do you get.......!

I'll admit I had no idea what Ron was referring to! At least now I know who sings this song- and yes, I have at least heard of Tennessee Ernie Ford.

Ron is your friend someone who's going to sell this so that we could buy some blanks? You know.... [}:)][}:)] since it's just sitting out there and I'd think 16 tons would be a lot to move in one day, plus he probably doesn't want the sprinkler running inside so has to keep the wood outside.... maybe somebody could organize a group "let's go have a closer look at it and if a piece accidentally ends up in my car..." [;)][}:)][;)][}:)]

Ron is your friend someone who's going to sell this so that we could buy some blanks? You know.... [}:)][}:)]

My friend deals mostly in sawn veneers and thick table tops. We've talked about selling pen blanks and that may happen one day. His business is selling to dealers who in turn sells to end users like us.

Pipes

Originally posted by penhead
<br />You load 16 ton - and what do you get.......!

I have and many of my uncles and such OWED there sole to the company store MY grandfather died of black lung and I had a great uncle shot and killed in mining strike In pikville KY area !! My dad would have had black lung but moved to Mi and worked in the steel mill and at fords !!

http://affordablepipes.com/

Beautiful pile of wood. I can't go with the 16 tons though. That would be equal to five very large pickup trucks sitting there. Ebony is heavy but that pile of wood isn't that heavy. Could be 1600 lbs? Could be it came in a shipment of wood that weighed 16 tons. Could be the container AND the wood weighed 16 tons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom