How do you guys handle preparing voting polls??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

So last year, with the 3 photo contests ending on the same day, it was a LONG night of creating the voting poll thread for the contest. I'm wondering how any of you creative/more experienced chairs handle it. Granted there are only 2 contests on my plate this year, but the new format of 10 entries per poll could mean that I am making 6 or more polls for voting it the first round (some of these have had 30 entries in past years, may be different with only one entry per person, but still..)

Do we (chairs) have the ability to create a thread behind the scenes (i.e. here in the planning forum maybe) and then move it to the voting forum once the contest is closed? That way we could get a jump on setting up the poll threads as soon as we have 10 entries... It seems like that would make our (my :wink:) lives easier, but if we can't move threads, that just makes more work for others who are already busy enough...

Is there another option or method that I'm not aware of? Other suggestions, tips, or hints, or am I just being a princess???

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Last year people sent me a PM when they were ready for me to move the poll to the voting forum. That worked ok.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
So last year, with the 3 photo contests ending on the same day, it was a LONG night of creating the voting poll thread for the contest. I'm wondering how any of you creative/more experienced chairs handle it. Granted there are only 2 contests on my plate this year, but the new format of 10 entries per poll could mean that I am making 6 or more polls for voting it the first round (some of these have had 30 entries in past years, may be different with only one entry per person, but still..)

Do we (chairs) have the ability to create a thread behind the scenes (i.e. here in the planning forum maybe) and then move it to the voting forum once the contest is closed? That way we could get a jump on setting up the poll threads as soon as we have 10 entries... It seems like that would make our (my :wink:) lives easier, but if we can't move threads, that just makes more work for others who are already busy enough...

Is there another option or method that I'm not aware of? Other suggestions, tips, or hints, or am I just being a princess???

Todd,

Yes. Prepare your polls in the planning thread and one of us will be glad to move it for you when you want them moved.

Top Bottom