hooked ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

guts

does this mean i am really hooked on turning pens or anything else,while smoking the turkey yesterday i found some hickory wood that i was gonna use till i got to lookin at it,man that sure is some nice looking wood,ended up using mesquite and oak instead.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

Looks like you have it Bill. When I'm in the gym, I look at each slat of wood on the floor and think which ones would make good pens. I also drive down the road and pick out Mesquite trees I could cut up for blanks.

jkoehler

Going to auction sales is another hobby of mine.
i quite often find myself looking at pieces of furniture, etc. and trying to figure out how it would look as pen blanks.
one day I was at a sale and there was a teak dining room set ( older style - 6 chairs, table and buffet ) that they were having trouble getting $1 for.
i was so tempted to buy it to cut it up for blanks. problem is i would have had teak blanks for the rest of my life and no where to store them.[:(]

jssmith3

The owner of the local Woodcraft store makes fun of me cause I carry a small saw in my van just in case. I saw some wood behind a local police station and when they saw me carrying a saw behind their station they watched me the whole time wondering what I was doing (I think they were worried I was some kind of maniac and would return with some body parts or someting :) I definitely know I am addicted!
Janet

Travlr7

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats ya got against Mesquite?

It turns nice and looks pretty!

Just kidding, but it IS GOOD TURNING wood.

Bruce[;)]

BTW ................YUP...........Your HOOKED, Filleted, and cooked!

Paul in OKC

I haven't resorted to carrying a saw (yet), but I do look at the fire wood stacked up outside the 7-11 store every time I pull up!
And every pile of trimmings on big treasure (I mean big trash[:D]) day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom