Homemade pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

Hey all,
I am posting here rather that SHOW OFF YOUR PENS forum for a reason. I made these pens for more than my usual fun. The purchased kits for me are both fun and for economic gain. These two pens were done just to be different and to see how I could use spare or leftover parts to craft a few 'informal' pens. Go ahead, share how you use different techniques for making 'casual' pens.
-Peter-:D

200621411316_oakwalnut.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Thanks for the pictures. I have been considering developing "scrap" pens for housing bics and other "low-quality" pen mechanisms just to "do it". I, too, will be interested to see what other pens people will have made with no intent to sell.

"oops!" I can see by the posting below that I have stepped in it again. I was not meaning the parts used in the original posting were low quality. I meant that I was thinking of using parts from the stick pens (Bic, papermate, etc.) that we buy because of their affordability vice their quality and turning them into wooden housed pens.

Sorry for not making myself clear!

arioux

"low-quality"

I don't see low quality in those pen. More ordinary ok but still very nice looking pens. Stick a magnet to it and sell it as fridg pen. They will sell well in shows. What i would like to see is how you do them. I'm not a very experience turner and still have a lot to learn. Figuring how things are done is one of them.

Alfred

wood-of-1kind

Bon jour Alfred,

very easy to make actually. Drill/tap hole matching diameter of 'excess' parts. Turn to desired shape. I do not use brass tubes nor do I use a mandrel. Once I remove from lathe, I press fit my spares and, voila, a very cheap pen. Thanks for compliment. Very nice to hear from another Canuck.

-Peter-[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom