Homemade Cradle for Trend Airshield?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

teesquare

I don't think there is any way to charge the batteries unless in the helmet - so, no I have not seen a charge cradle not tried to make one.
That is one of the problems with the older Trend design. I don't know if they fixed that in the new model. But the weight of it also caused me replace mine with a JSP Powercap. You can order them from Axminster in the UK - and Peke Safety in the USA. Many benefits/features vs the Trend.

duncsuss

Do you mean the original "Air Shield" or the newer "Air Shield Pro"? The batteries are different.

I have the original and found a guide online showing how to make replacements for the batteries using a holder for 3 x AA batteries and a plug that matches the one on the original batteries. It allows use of regular AA rechargeables and I have lots of AA Eneloops so I don't have to stop using the Air Shield when the batteries go flat.

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
Thanks for your replies.
I have an Air Shield Pro, which I bought when the Aussie dollar was real good from the UK, at the time I was suffering from neck shoulder injuries, I tried it a few times and put it back in the box on the shelf, where it staid till last year when I had to remove all the render from the inside of the house. When the old render is removed it breaks into ultra fine dust.

For those that don't know what render is,

Of course when I got the Air Shield of the shelf the battery was dead, and wouldn't hold a charge, researching on the internet I found how to repack them but the smart charger the recommended not available in Aust. I repacked the original battery and bought a new battery and filters just in case, which was lucky 8 -10+ hours a day I needed both.
I bought a ubeat smart charger that charger that will charge Li-ion, NiCd, NiMH, etc etc.

Yesterday I was thinking there cant be too much inside the cradle just a Female Connector DC Plug connected to a couple of contact points that the sits against..

Top Bottom