Holiday Ornament Photo Tutorial (Completed)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Some more ornaments that I turned last Sunday. I'm having a blast making them, quick and easy, and I think they will look great hanging on the tree.

The first 3 ... The middle is my favorite. The one on the left is the one I posted a while back.
IMG_0578.jpg

and four more.
IMG_0576.jpg

All are Box Elder burl and Cocobolo with CA finish.

As promised I am putting together a photo tutorial on these for those that have asked.
Heres the link. http://www.shanewhitlock.com/photo/v/wood/ornaments/tut/
Please take a look at it and let me know if I am missing anything, or if there's something else you would like to see. Just click on the thumbnails for a larger image and a description of what the pics are about.

I still need to turn the finials and will post the pics for those as soon as I get a chance to turn them.

This is what I got done tonight. The globe is turned and the finish is drying. I will edit this post and change the picture when I get it all done.

(pic of globe without the finish)
IMG_0603.jpg

Comments/Critiques always welcome,

Edited:
I got the finials turned tonight after work so the tutorial is now complete.

Here's the finish ornament.

IMG_0623.jpg

Thanks for reading

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Very nice tutorial and the pictures really are very well done. Ya done good! [:D]

I like your website too. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures, especially of the lightening strikes. I do believe that lightening is one of the hardest tings to photograph. You seem to have a knack for catching the strikes very well. [:D][:D]

richstick1

Shane - awesome work and a great tutorial! Can you share what rough and finished dimensions you are typically working with here? Appears to be a piece of about 2.5" square stock for the body?

Shane

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I appreciate them. [:D]

Originally posted by Richstick
<br />Can you share what rough and finished dimensions you are typically working with here? Appears to be a piece of about 2.5" square stock for the body?
Thanks Rich, Yes the wood is about 2.5 inches square and around 7 inches long. I just chopped it off of a chunk of burl. The blank was probably large enough for two ornaments if I would of cut it in half and glued the halves to some scrap wood.
The globe is around 1 3/4" by 3" tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom