Mini Review Hobby Penmaker's Vacuum Chamber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
MesquiteMan's Hobby Penmaker's Vacuum Chamber

I have been using Cactus Juice for about a year now to stabilize soft and difficult blanks. As a hobbyist I was not sure that the Hobby Penmaker's Vacuum Chamber was really something I should invest in, but I am so happy I did!

I knew that Curtis made the chambers and lids himself. I was not expecting such a high quality product, but it is a work of art! It is truly finished to perfection.

One of the nicest features is that standard size pen blanks fit well into the chamber. This reduces the amount of "Juice" that is required. In addition there is a supplied weight to keep the blanks submerged during stabilization. I had been using a pickle jar, and while it worked OK, I was always worried about the glass breaking, and it wasted a lot of "juice".
The only down side to the product I can think of is that they are so popular that you must pre-order. They take a while to get.

Pros:
High quality
Very little waste of "juice"
Perfect size
Easy to see what is going on in the chamber.
Excellent value for the cost

Cons:
Long lead time

Jim Burr

Banned
+1 on your observations Dick. I love mine and have branched out to stabilize for others now. Just ordered more "Juice" yesterday. Great product from an outstanding guy!

Top Bottom